Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I don’t get this. Milner just played a game of football out of position against the best young player in the country and got torn a new arsehole. He wasn’t dirty, or out of order with anything, it’s not his fault he didn’t get called for a foul in the first half or a second yellow in the second half.

I’ve never got the Milner hate from our fans at all. And the “one greedy bastard” chant is about the most inaccurate call we make as a set of fans. It’s almost laughable.

He was a great servant for City who got sick of being on the bench in big games so he left us. Okay, he let his contract to go to the end, but in other sports that happens all the time and is seen as honouring the contract.

He lied though his teeth consistently and for months about intending to sign a new deal with us when clearly he had zero intention in doing so. And in so doing, cost us countless milluons in lost transfer fees just so he could line his own pocket even further.

It was a really shitty thing to do and showed us his true colours. He showed zero respect to our club and deserves zero back from us.

If he'd simply come out and said he wants a move because he wants more game time, I'd have had no problem with it.

He lied though his teeth consistently and for months about intending to sign a new deal with us when clearly he had zero intention in doing so. And in so doing, cost us countless milluons in lost transfer fees just so he could line his own pocket even further.

It was a really shitty thing to do and showed us his true colours. If he'd simply come out and said he wants a move because he wants more game time, I'd have had no problem with it.
He has history of doing so, no problem with what he has done but the press he gets of a model pro and good old James Milner pisses me off.

He is a hired gun, he does give his all but his is a mercenary who moves for big money.

Did you actually watch the game ? When Sterling came on new pockets of space opened and out attacking improved vastly.
I think that was the natural evolution of the game rather than Sterlings direct impact. He put in a reasonable shift, very tentative when he got into the box, but was certainly no worse than the man he replaced.

Get what you are saying, as we do have goalscores in the midfield areas....but we do need a CF still

As an example, if we had a Haaland or a younger Sergio up top yesterday, we go in at half time 2 or 3 nil up as they will convert those chances

It isnt a dig at the team in any way, it just means with a world class CF leading the line we would reach another level
Utter rubbish. How do you know ? If we had Haaland on the pitch yesterday would those same chances have happened? We might have actually lost the game as he might have played instead of foden ?
If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

Rollercoaster match. Ref was shit but glad to come away with a point, god knows we've seen plenty of these matches we end up losing playing out just like that.

We really do need a number 9 though, Grealish is way worse there than Sterling. And Foden is much better than Grealish at LW. Don't think it'll be long before we see Gundo back there once he is back from injury.

That was a fantastic game to watch, and we can be very proud of the quality and effort from City after one of the hardest fixture triples we've probably ever had!

First half was control, pace-setting and dominance with no reward. Sadly the finishing was a little wayward, Foden taking an ever so slightly heavy touch after Bernardo wizardry in midfield and a rubbish De Bruyne header (made me chuckle in hindsight), Klopp admitting they were desperate for the HT whistle.

Second half yes, Liverpool did improve, but City continued to make chances, and the game was more like how i was expecting - technical, fast and lots of chances. The only bit we unravelled was Rodri and one or two others began to lose their concentration a bit, up to and including the Salah goal and a short period after that, but my god did Rodri make up for it with that Fabinho tackle. Cant be arsed with the Milner 'debate', he should have been sent off, no ifs or buts. Move on.

Grealish doesnt look quite right to me yet, so far in blue he's more suited games that we pile on to an opposition and less so in this sort of cut and thrust stuff. He wants to stand the opponent up a lot and let some one make a run but that isnt always the best option. I feel we might use him centrally a bit this season to rotate the ball around. De Bruyne is rusty but he scored and looks better each time i see him. Jesus is working his little legs off but you cant help but think his right wing days are a bit numbered? everyone played well, couple of slips but we were playing a very good side.

The referee dictated the outcome of the game (they would not lose). Its so blatant (the cheating) even my lads who are not City fans are seeing it. Put that aside and against how the match unrolled a draw wasn't too bad a result as we could have easily shipped a third if it hadn't been for Rodri's block (which just about made up for his leg flap which failed to stop Salah for their second). Not our best game overall with too many off colour. Of those, Grealish and De Bruyne the most obvious. Laporte not at his best either. Bernie was just superb. Phil very good performance without the cutting edge until his goal. Gabby was gabby. Eddie had one wtf moment but other than that played well. Kyle had another excellent game. He really is Mr Consistent this season.

Glad to see Pep on his best Basil form again and no bloody wonder

General Manchester City thread
Basil Fawlty car whipping incident v1 | Who Ate all the Pies

he gave us a masterpiece of sarcasm in his post match interview but good on him for calling out the ref and those disgusting fucks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.