Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I don’t get this. Milner just played a game of football out of position against the best young player in the country and got torn a new arsehole. He wasn’t dirty, or out of order with anything, it’s not his fault he didn’t get called for a foul in the first half or a second yellow in the second half.

I’ve never got the Milner hate from our fans at all. And the “one greedy bastard” chant is about the most inaccurate call we make as a set of fans. It’s almost laughable.

He was a great servant for City who got sick of being on the bench in big games so he left us. Okay, he let his contract to go to the end, but in other sports that happens all the time and is seen as honouring the contract.

Okay, he mentioned that Liverpool had the best team spirit he’s ever been involved in, but he might genuinely have felt that and was just telling the truth. No dramas from me whatsoever.

Okay, he celebrated against us when he didn’t celebrate for us against Villa. Again no dramas for me at all, always want players to celebrate their goals (same shit we gave Dickov when he slid on his knees in joyous celebration when he scored for Leicester against us, it’s mard arse shit from our fans, not shit from Dickov and Milner).

We solely have an issue with him because of the shit Liverpool fans give Sterling. We moan that Liverpool fans give Sterling grief and call them small time and that they’re out of order for their comments, then stoop to their level with Milner.

Really bizarre from our fans this and I’ll never get it. Proper Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa level stuff from us. Shows that we’re just the same as all other sets of fans.
Disagree. Genuinely can’t stand the bloke.

I don’t get this. Milner just played a game of football out of position against the best young player in the country and got torn a new arsehole. He wasn’t dirty, or out of order with anything, it’s not his fault he didn’t get called for a foul in the first half or a second yellow in the second half.

I’ve never got the Milner hate from our fans at all. And the “one greedy bastard” chant is about the most inaccurate call we make as a set of fans. It’s almost laughable.

He was a great servant for City who got sick of being on the bench in big games so he left us. Okay, he let his contract to go to the end, but in other sports that happens all the time and is seen as honouring the contract.

Okay, he mentioned that Liverpool had the best team spirit he’s ever been involved in, but he might genuinely have felt that and was just telling the truth. No dramas from me whatsoever.

Okay, he celebrated against us when he didn’t celebrate for us against Villa. Again no dramas for me at all, always want players to celebrate their goals (same shit we gave Dickov when he slid on his knees in joyous celebration when he scored for Leicester against us, it’s mard arse shit from our fans, not shit from Dickov and Milner).

We solely have an issue with him because of the shit Liverpool fans give Sterling. We moan that Liverpool fans give Sterling grief and call them small time and that they’re out of order for their comments, then stoop to their level with Milner.

Really bizarre from our fans this and I’ll never get it. Proper Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa level stuff from us. Shows that we’re just the same as all other sets of fans.
Yep. Agreed. He signed a 5-year deal, fulfilled it, and left. Whatever he says off the pitch, I don't really care about that. He won the Premier League twice with us, and the FA Cup and League Cup. Apart from Adam Johnson, there's not one member of that 2010-2012 squad that I've ever felt less about. It's my favourite City era ever and the lads from those days have my total respect.

And full respect to Milner, who's definitely lost two yards of pace and should have been sent off yesterday -- he's won everything there is to win. I think the only trophy he's missing is the Europa League. He's a good professional who's been around a bloody long time and he gave his best years to us, in my opinion. So he used the club a bit to get a better deal, so he celebrated against us that one time, that's nothing more than what Raheem's done since leaving Anfield.

He gave us some great years. He's got immunity, in my eyes.

I think that was the natural evolution of the game rather than Sterlings direct impact. He put in a reasonable shift, very tentative when he got into the box, but was certainly no worse than the man he replaced.
Having seen again the chance near the end when KDB looked to have sent Sterling clear and Raz was criticised for seeming to slow down and let Gomez get back to cover - like most of Kev’s passing yesterday it was not inch perfect. Sterling needed the ball further in front of him so he could take it in his stride at full speed, instead he had to pause a fraction waiting for it to arrive at his feet. He then managed to find a perfect pass to Jesus in yards of space, unfortunately he couldn’t finish.

I hate to say it but we really missed out in regards to Ronaldo. Our last three games we have played so we'll but cannot finish our chances.
We are playing our rivals off the park but got caught on the hop because we cannot finish.
Even give Liam delap a chance against Burnley

Was anyone else worried our second goal was going to be chalked off by var because Sterling was lying in front of the keeper? He was trying to make himself as small as possible but I was relieved he wasn't penalised
That would have been an even more disgraceful decision than the Milner tackle. He clearly wasn’t blocking Alisson’s view or preventing him going for the ball, which he was nowhere near reaching anyway thanks to the deflection

No problem with him leaving at the end of his contract, although he made a meal of the will he/won't he sign saga. He got plenty of game time here as a limited player part of a hugely talented squad, He gets shit for his comments after he left. Some may interpret them as harmless, the majority view them as he disrespected our club and fans. He can fuck off the scouse arse licking wanker.

He did a Micky O mate , he deliberately ran his contract down , screwed the club to put him in a great position to maximise his wages - his prerogative of course.
Even then , he was given a great send off by KAM and he threw that all back directly at the fans that Night. No need whatsoever.

C,U,N,T,
He had hardly got through the door at the Etihad when he was singing the praises of the Bus Wreckers. That is what really grates on us City fans.

I hate to say it but we really missed out in regards to Ronaldo. Our last three games we have played so we'll but cannot finish our chances.
We are playing our rivals off the park but got caught on the hop because we cannot finish.
Even give Liam delap a chance against Burnley
Yes but that is with 10 outfield players, would we be as effective if we had only 9?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.