Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Sat in my local Spanish bar with two dipper friends ( from Liverpool) and two rag mates on holiday. Well needless to say my two rag mates wanted us to draw. So glad we did and not fold like in the past.

Cancelo's cheap yellow 2 minutes before the Salah goal meant that he was hesitant to make the challenge in the build up to their second goal. If he wasn't on a yellow he would have cleaned him out. Can't fault Laporte for that goal. He was beaten by a great piece of skill.
Second one with exceptional skill, I can understand perhaps. But the first one I felt like job 1 is to slow or stop him by disrupting his path forward. Not get turned in to create the lane for the pass.

salah excels by pushing defenders on their heels while he is collapsing the space diagonally to goal for his shot or an easier pass. It’s a lesser of two evils, but I think often the wiser thing with him is to pick the poison a suitable distance from goal and step up and into him in a way that at least forces him outside.

Most players don’t have the skill so you are fine to collapse until there’s help or let them make a mess of it themselves, but salah is one I feel at some point the best move is to stop moving, because whether you realize it or not you’re doing the work for him.

And in general v Dias or stones I have the least confidence in laporte’s decisiveness to halt dangerous attacks by standing a particular ground at just the right moment.

I’m not looking forward to the day Pep decides to leave. He’s got us playing football that is so much better than any other team in Europe. I include Bayern in that as I don’t think they’re as good as controlling a game and we’re a better defensive unit. It’s an absolute crime that he’s gone two seasons without a striker that can score 30 goals. We’ll win this league, I’ve got no doubts about it. We’re just that good of a team.

Maybe if the board finally buy him a striker he’ll stay a bit longer. I hope.

Whatever we think of them Liverpool are a good team and our record at Anfield is not great. So I don’t see this as wasted points. If City had gone ahead twice I would be more annoyed. Don’t think any team will run away with title this season so this is a good point versus one of our main rivals.

yeah I’d have taken 2 draws v Chelsea and Liverpool so no problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.