Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

We only create those chances playing a false 9.
Yes, but we can have both. We need a top goalscorer and there are some who are not 9. Salah, Mane, Mbappe, Lautaro, even Griezmann. Also there are 9 that are just as creative as our false 9 players: Benzema (go watch the highlights from today's Madrid game and you'll see his passing, control and technique is as good as any City player) and maybe Lewandowski.

Yes, but we can have both. We need a top goalscorer and there are some who are not 9. Salah, Mane, Mbappe, Lautaro, even Griezmann. Also there are 9 that are just as creative as our false 9 players: Benzema (go watch the highlights from today's Madrid game and you'll see his passing, control and technique is as good as any City player) and maybe Lewandowski.
There are only one or two players in the world right now that could fulfil that role for us and they wouldn't be good value for money in the current climate.

FAzhQadXIAIgbV5

Hahaha

One thing that did baffle me was why Pep put Sterling on. It’s not for his pace because he’s lost a yard or two. Was Torres an option ? because he’s more of a natural finisher than Sterling.

I don’t get this. Milner just played a game of football out of position against the best young player in the country and got torn a new arsehole. He wasn’t dirty, or out of order with anything, it’s not his fault he didn’t get called for a foul in the first half or a second yellow in the second half.

I’ve never got the Milner hate from our fans at all. And the “one greedy bastard” chant is about the most inaccurate call we make as a set of fans. It’s almost laughable.

He was a great servant for City who got sick of being on the bench in big games so he left us. Okay, he let his contract to go to the end, but in other sports that happens all the time and is seen as honouring the contract.

Okay, he mentioned that Liverpool had the best team spirit he’s ever been involved in, but he might genuinely have felt that and was just telling the truth. No dramas from me whatsoever.

Okay, he celebrated against us when he didn’t celebrate for us against Villa. Again no dramas for me at all, always want players to celebrate their goals (same shit we gave Dickov when he slid on his knees in joyous celebration when he scored for Leicester against us, it’s mard arse shit from our fans, not shit from Dickov and Milner).

We solely have an issue with him because of the shit Liverpool fans give Sterling. We moan that Liverpool fans give Sterling grief and call them small time and that they’re out of order for their comments, then stoop to their level with Milner.

Really bizarre from our fans this and I’ll never get it. Proper Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa level stuff from us. Shows that we’re just the same as all other sets of fans.

Sorry to upset you @Psychedelic Casual but it’s just my opinion. I rarely feel angry about our ex-players (apart from YaYaToure!) but today Milner got my goat! One to agree to disagree I guess. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.