Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I don’t get this. Milner just played a game of football out of position against the best young player in the country and got torn a new arsehole. He wasn’t dirty, or out of order with anything, it’s not his fault he didn’t get called for a foul in the first half or a second yellow in the second half.

I’ve never got the Milner hate from our fans at all. And the “one greedy bastard” chant is about the most inaccurate call we make as a set of fans. It’s almost laughable.

He was a great servant for City who got sick of being on the bench in big games so he left us. Okay, he let his contract to go to the end, but in other sports that happens all the time and is seen as honouring the contract.

Okay, he mentioned that Liverpool had the best team spirit he’s ever been involved in, but he might genuinely have felt that and was just telling the truth. No dramas from me whatsoever.

Okay, he celebrated against us when he didn’t celebrate for us against Villa. Again no dramas for me at all, always want players to celebrate their goals (same shit we gave Dickov when he slid on his knees in joyous celebration when he scored for Leicester against us, it’s mard arse shit from our fans, not shit from Dickov and Milner).

We solely have an issue with him because of the shit Liverpool fans give Sterling. We moan that Liverpool fans give Sterling grief and call them small time and that they’re out of order for their comments, then stoop to their level with Milner.

Really bizarre from our fans this and I’ll never get it. Proper Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa level stuff from us. Shows that we’re just the same as all other sets of fans.

Fuck James Milner.

Judging by the way the scouse cops couldn’t bring to book a single person of thousands who ambushed our coach I am not holding out much hope they will succeed this time. After all the miscreant is only on film and in a seat that only he has been allocated.
Just because it's on film and they will have his name and address, doesn't mean its an open and shut case.

Great post and fair play for going against Blue Moon orthodoxy on this subject.

Was a real pro for us, never complained or let us down but understandably, after 4 years of being 2nd choice he chose to move on.
Additionally its admirable how he got the absolute maximum of his ability to forge such a successful career. He clearly never left for money and slagging an ex-player is something City fans rightly criticise other clubs for. Better than that blues, particularly against a player and pro like Milner.
He did a Micky O mate , he deliberately ran his contract down , screwed the club to put him in a great position to maximise his wages - his prerogative of course.
Even then , he was given a great send off by KAM and he threw that all back directly at the fans that Night. No need whatsoever.

C,U,N,T,

This obesession with the idea that we need a number 9 is starting to grate on my nerves. We have enough key players all over the pitch who can score. We create more than enough chances and as the season goes on and the players gain more rhythm and confidence they will convert at a higher rate. Liverpool played most of the game without a number 9, and I do not consider Firmino to be a clinical number 9 type striker.

Its almost like pundits and rival fans can't find anything else to drag us down about so they say, "well they dont have a number 9". Literally looking for anything. All the while we scored 6 against Leipzig, and lead the league in scoring once again.
Get what you are saying, as we do have goalscores in the midfield areas....but we do need a CF still

As an example, if we had a Haaland or a younger Sergio up top yesterday, we go in at half time 2 or 3 nil up as they will convert those chances

It isnt a dig at the team in any way, it just means with a world class CF leading the line we would reach another level

Ederson was poor today
Liverpool’s two goals was saveble
That’s strange because I thought he was superb today overall. It’s quite possible they were brilliant finishes as well. I guess you missed all the equisite passing out of defence and “that “ pass to Foden then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.