Liverpool (a) pre-match thread

Liverpool (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling 90th minute winner kop end would be gold but no doubt be another bottle job and a loss

I don't understand anybody wanting Sterling to play. Nothing against him, he just puts too much pressure on himself against them. Let Mahrez loose on them, he doesn't have the baggage of last season and should be a little more stable.

Chelsea and Napoli have showed how to approach this game so please city just get at them from the whistle and no rabbits in the headlights shit please.

I don't understand anybody wanting Sterling to play. Nothing against him, he just puts too much pressure on himself against them. Let Mahrez loose on them, he doesn't have the baggage of last season and should be a little more stable.
Mahrez doesn’t track his man anywhere near as well as sterling. Robertson will be flying up that left wing we need raheem to keep an eye on him.

Whilst this game could clearly go either way, I really think Pep will have us hugely up for this game, and we will impose ourselves on them. I also think the players will be right up for it too. Last season in the league when we went at them they buckled and if the game had gone on 5 mins longer we would have won it. In the Cl we were shell shocked for half an hour which is hardly surprising given the ambush, and even then they scored an offside goal and we had a blatant penalty denied. Take our game to them, and with the players and Peps mentality we can easily draw or win what will be our hardest game if the season. Then move in with KDB to come back. CMON CITY

I do hope you're right but then again how many times have we said this before where historically Klanfield has been an absolute graveyard for us regardless on is in charge for the Dippers or us.

Like others on here I'm caught in 2 minds about starting Sterling. He really does seem a like player who puts an awful lot of pressure on himself (especially mentally) and always goes on about 'making himself a better player' after a public interview. I can imagine it will be the same for him over the weekend who takes this particular game personally. Whilst Mahrez hasn't been as effective as Sterling this season so far, he will in a way not give the Klanfield lunatics that extra incentive to create their 'Anfield atmosphere' if Sterling started. Furthermore, I would also rather we think of the long term as we're still early into the season and not commit Sterling to a game which may hamper his confidence for future games.

Of course all of the above is irrelevant as Pep will undoubtedly start Sterling, since he is the in form player for us at the moment & Pep will always take the approach of getting the player to stand up for himself when it matters than shying away from these moments regardless of the result.

I was in scouse corporate when anelka scored the winner, on the table next to dalglish and his (at the time) rather attractive daughter.
This is clearly a lucky scenario that the great and good of bluemoon cannot ignore. If you all chip in fifty quid each, I shall see if there are any spare seats for dinner...
Three points are in your hands.

Haha is that a joke? They will be expecting 5-0 to them and the league won by xmas. Its always there year.
There's a few here that go to RAWK, just wondering.
After Tuesday's game I did see a Burnley forum who were all amazed/confused by that ref's performance, so if anything came out of that game it's the recognition that we do get screwed over and other fans are seeing it too. Even Robbie Savage!

I do hope you're right but then again how many times have we said this before where historically Klanfield has been an absolute graveyard for us regardless on is in charge for the Dippers or us.

Like others on here I'm caught in 2 minds about starting Sterling. He really does seem a like player who puts an awful lot of pressure on himself (especially mentally) and always goes on about 'making himself a better player' after a public interview. I can imagine it will be the same for him over the weekend who takes this particular game personally. Whilst Mahrez hasn't been as effective as Sterling this season so far, he will in a way not give the Klanfield lunatics that extra incentive to create their 'Anfield atmosphere' if Sterling started. Furthermore, I would also rather we think of the long term as we're still early into the season and not commit Sterling to a game which may hamper his confidence for future games.

Of course all of the above is irrelevant as Pep will undoubtedly start Sterling, since he is the in form player for us at the moment & Pep will always take the approach of getting the player to stand up for himself when it matters than shying away from these moments regardless of the result.

And if Raheem wants a new improved contract, this is the match to prove his worth in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.