Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We rarely win at Anfield and regardless of this being a title battle, we've won 4 league titles without winning there so I don't see it as do or die. The onus is on the dippers to win, with our injuries. Their December is hectic and that could tell moving through the second half of the season. We've been poor in several games and to be 6pts behind after going to Anfield I would take that right now with some of the injuries and performances. That gap can quickly be shredded. It will not take long before the "this is our year" and "we will not bottle it this time" stories emerge, heaping more pressure on them and their problem has never been getting to the top of the table, it's been staying there.

They don't lose many at Anfield, it's been a long time since they last did in the league. City could have been the team to do it, but with the players out not many would give us a chance. And that is exactly why we will come away with the 3 points.

That's the spirit .

If they bust our coach we steal that magic potion that keeps their players magically fit the whole season.

Well, considering he hadn't played for ages and the defence once again was porous, he did right to come out for the ball, and as for the sending off - laughable.

But yes, lets hope he has a great game on Sunday and he does have it in his locker although some may disagree

It was but you can bet the dippers divers will do exactly the same if he rushes out on Sunday. For me we need to cut out the trying to play out from the back and play out quickly to our fast front men. He played against Southampton in the league cup.

He had a superb game in the charity shield no reason he can't do it again.

I like this team. We need legs at Anfield, players who can press with high intensity, who can run quickly and fight.

Gabby's form has dipped a bit recently. Thought it was a certainty that he would start, not sure now. Not sure about Kun for 3 reasons though: he can't press with high intensity, speed is not his forte, and he doesn't contribute as much as Jesus when we defend set pieces. But he is a legend, they fear him and he can score. We need not only legs but also leaders on the pitch. So, this one will be a conundrum for Pep.

If we go with 4-3-3:

Bravo
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Dinho
Bernie
Gundy
Kevin
Raz
Aguero/Jesus

I'd probably go with 3-5-2 or rather 3-5-1-1 with Raz with a free role behind Kun/Gabby ready to get on the end of crosses from Kevin, Bernie, Mendy.

I'm sure Sterling was given a free role in the derby we lost 2-3. I know we blew that game but he was unplayable in the first half.

Good points RE Jesus and Ageuro. I had put Jesus in based on his pressing ability, but no one is better in big games than Aguero... He's due a goal at Anfield too!

You could think we are fucked.

But then we had no chance when we last won there, so fuck it going for a city win 3-2

It was but you can bet the dippers divers will do exactly the same if he rushes out on Sunday. For me we need to cut out the trying to play out from the back and play out quickly to our fast front men. He played against Southampton in the league cup.

He had a superb game in the charity shield no reason he can't do it again.
I have no issue with us playing it out from the back. What we need for Sunday is the whole team performing to their abilities i.e. take the chances we create, and defend as a unit

Bravo fucked up massively by coming for a ball he was never going to get to before the striker. We had covering players back, he either needed to react quicker or stay on his line.

It was a fuck up.

Gundogan fucked up, but Bravo did as well.

You just don’t like Bravo.

it was a risk he had to take. One on one - if there had been other City players covering, it would have been a yellow.

So you agree with the ref and VAR officials, fine. Most saw it as a blatant dive

Agree with you totally. But the Bravo haters are revelling in the situation. I can’t understand why some so called City fans love to have a pop, especially when Bravo had to try & stop the forward. In fact he took one for the team - as Vinnie did on many an occasion

I have come to terms that we might lose a football match against a very good dipper side.the facts are we arnt shit we are decimated with injuries so if we do get beaten I hope bluemooners have the sense to realise this.if we are 9 points behind at crimbo then hopefully the luck starts shifting and we get some of the good luck and the dippers some of the bad stuff.i always said I don't expect us to win it every year as long as we give it a go and there are clear mitigating factors this year.but you never know the gap may be 3 points come Monday,heres hoping for an early dipper red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.