Liverpool (A) - Sun 3 Oct 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, no way! What's a point going to do?

Go for the win. Take the lead in the title race. Back up the 4-0 and 4-1 wins we've had over them in the last 15 months or so.
We will go for a win, but a point keeps us nicely positioned after a tough week, a loss leaves a bigger gap.

We will go for a win, but a point keeps us nicely positioned after a tough week, a loss leaves a bigger gap.

This times x1000000. I expect us to play to win, as always, but manage the game sensibly. A point is not a bad result at all if it looks a good option late in the game. Nothing wrong with being pragmatic.

4 points is nothing at this stage of the season, losing is not a problem.

If we get out in front, I genuinely think we can break the back of this season by the end of the year. We have a very nice December schedule, and these Chelsea and Liverpool sides will drop plenty points.

With liverpool in particular I think they're adapting to the new signings, playing through some injuries and people like Van Dijk are still getting back into the swing of things. Go for the jugular and kill them off before they hit stride, get some confidence back and take us all the way.

Last edited:
Nah, no way! What's a point going to do?

A draw would be valuable not so much because we add a point, but because we stop them from adding 3 points at home.

If we are up there with the other contenders after going to Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool in the first 4 away games, we are strong favourites to win the league. Our fixtures have been much more difficult than Liverpool's and United's.

That said, we will try to win, provided that the players have fully recovered from the previous two games. If we are fresh, we are more likely to win this game.

A little lacking?
They're a fucking joke in all honesty, the opposition are more likely to score from one of our corners than we are
Normally our throw ins are simply to retain possession & set up a pattern of play, can be infuriating when we have a counter on, but this stems from being countered numerous time in Peps early days, KW & JC can both get distance with their throws but it’s very rarely used. Corners similar, in Europe we normally go short or in-swing em to the front post as there’s less chance of being caught on the counter or the keeper catching it (think Hause at the toilet) thought we looked a threat in Paris & but for an incredible Marquinhos, could of scored a couple

Would love to see Sterling come on as sub and smash the winner in front of the Kop and then just stand there with his fingers in his ears...

Can't see it though, but I still think we've got enough to beat them.

I wonder if they will have VAR working this time???

would be nice to keep them in their own half for most of the game, like we did chelsea and psg, to really restrict their opportunities and shots on target.
expect to see foden, jesus , kevin , rodri at it. no sterling this time please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.