"Liverpool are our biggest rivals" count.

A media myth to ensure they got maximum coverage. This is how Taggart ensured the likes of Sky stayed onside, forcing the bullshit that there was a rivalry even though there was other teams in a far greater position than the Dippers. The 7 billion TV viewers (the full world) that support these shit clubs have a commercial value, don't you know.

Blue Punter said:
I heard Giggs mention this earlier today.

I assumed it to mean the rivalry based on the scramble for 4th place and scraping into the Champion League.

I know it's churlish of me but I'm sort of hoping that someone like Mike Summerbee will counter that United are our rivals in a geographical sense only these days and that Chelsea are our main rivals from a footballing viewpoint.

SPIDERBOY said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's that time of year again. The build up to Derby day when anyone associated with united, like fucking clockwork, prompted no doubt by the old trafford Ministry of Truth, goes out of their way to remind the wider footballing world who their 'true' rivals are.

That's Liverpool in case you were wondering.

In the last few days Ferguson and Giggs have been at great pains to point this out in pre-prepared statements that they quite possibly didn't even have any input into.

Perhaps a thread is required to monitor just how little the upcoming game means to all associated with that venerable Greater Manchester footballing institution.

Let's see what the remaining unthinking yes-men have to say in the next couple of weeks.....

Any advance on Lou Macari anyone?

I'll raise you a Dwight yorke and an Owen.
I re-raise..........rio Ferdinand Gary Neville and Paul scholes.(the equivilant of royal flush)

Yaya this and sheik mansour that........
Boo hoo it's not fair......we're a bigger club.......how dare they!!!!!

FUCK OFF ............champions :-)

I wouldn't put it past mike wedderburn to come out with some sort of"off the cuff remark"....you can always see the wry smile on his face every time we do that lot.
Didn't he recently,make a good comment about falcao's parrot or summat.

Everyone knows that United hate the scousers more than anything in the world...which is why they made 'istoree by paying the fattest one of them all over £300k a week and making him their club captain whilst enduring 3 years of rejection from Leighton Baines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.