"Liverpool are our biggest rivals" count.

AucklandBlue said:
This ‘rivalry’ all stems from Baconface’s comment about ‘knocking them off their perch’. He created this rivalry out of nothing and was probably more to do with insulting City than anything else. Looking back through history they have never really been rivals at all.

During Liverpool’s dominance throughout the 80’s their main rival for the title was always Everton. Since the start of the premiership the Rags had numerous rivals most notably Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently Us.

They have finished in the top 2 together on just 5 occasions, 46-47, 63-64, 79-80, 86-87 and 08-09 the last one you couldn’t call a title race at all. They have faced each other in the FA Cup final twice and twice in the League Cup Final (most recent of all these being 2003).

Hardly Barcelona v Real Madrid is it.

Riposte of 2014.

Stoned Rose said:
AucklandBlue said:
This ‘rivalry’ all stems from Baconface’s comment about ‘knocking them off their perch’. He created this rivalry out of nothing and was probably more to do with insulting City than anything else. Looking back through history they have never really been rivals at all.

During Liverpool’s dominance throughout the 80’s their main rival for the title was always Everton. Since the start of the premiership the Rags had numerous rivals most notably Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently Us.

They have finished in the top 2 together on just 5 occasions, 46-47, 63-64, 79-80, 86-87 and 08-09 the last one you couldn’t call a title race at all. They have faced each other in the FA Cup final twice and twice in the League Cup Final (most recent of all these being 2003).

Hardly Barcelona v Real Madrid is it.

Riposte of 2014.
Indeed.

I'll see your camelgob, gargoyle one and pig ginger and raise you a Sir Toutalot, a captain cripple and a David 'useless attention-seeking twat' May![/quote]

Please, ......this is far out trumped when I play my joker "Clayton Graham Blackmore"

RochBlue said:
I'll see your camelgob, gargoyle one and pig ginger and raise you a Sir Toutalot, a captain cripple and a David 'useless attention-seeking twat' May!

Please, ......this is far out trumped when I play my joker "Clayton Graham Blackmore"[/quote]

My money is on Roy Keane to spout it next. New book and, after the initial splash, the publicity is waning. He'll be craving the attention.
David May for a long shot.

plastic / armchair rags believe the dippers are their main rivals , because the only football teams shown in asia for decades was either rags or dippers , real rags that reside in the north west know damn well we are their rivals . As the GPC is from Glasgow , he also realises this , (Rangers could be playing in the Highland league , but they would still be Celtics main rivals) , the rag PR machine can spout their shite , but the fact we are now more successful than them , is killing the swampdwellers .................................. , isnt pay back a woman.

CrownPointBlue said:
Ehm..how can I put this....CNUTS. Every one of 'em...always have been...always will be. Hate the fcukers.

Well thats friendly.

Anyway, Im sure you know but you don't have to worry about us this year. Its Chelsea you have to worry about, they look unstoppable! And if I'm being brutally honest I think they are ahead of you in terms of squad quality. But hey thats just my opinion.

It will most definitely be a two horse race this year.
I think the smart money is on Chelsea though.

LFC-Fans said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Ehm..how can I put this....CNUTS. Every one of 'em...always have been...always will be. Hate the fcukers.

Well thats friendly.

Anyway, Im sure you know but you don't have to worry about us this year. Its Chelsea you have to worry about, they look unstoppable! And if I'm being brutally honest I think they are ahead of you in terms of squad quality. But hey thats just my opinion.

It will most definitely be a two horse race this year.
I think the smart money is on Chelsea though.

Cheers for that expert analysis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.