Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Pep has always had the rolls royce on call. Whether is was inheriting that ridiculous core of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta at Barcelona, to the unprecedented power of the single club league in Germany, to his ability at Man City to activate any release clause he wants. Pep has never never known struggle. That's the biggest criticism of Pep, and its valid.

Granted Pep knows how to get a team playing elite level football. But if you gave Pep and Klopp 100m to build up a squad over three years. After those three years, I think I know which team would be at a higher level
you need to ask for your money back .

I watched on the TV and didn't see anything wrong with the first goal though I can't bring myself to watch any replays. There was the usual argy bargy in the area and Konate seemed to go straight through a couple of our lads but I was hoping they were there to block him and van Duyk off anyway. The third goal was arguable in that Zak seemed to take off from the wrong place because his feet movement was sluggish but that could be very harsh criticism. His real blunder was, of course, the second goal but to be fair it didn't affect his play as much as I feared it would. All through the game he seemed so concerned to appear unruffled by the pressing that he lost a sense of urgency.

Sorry the visit to Wembley didn't go as planned. The thing about watching at home is that the tele went off straight off at the final whistle, I gave the door a kick (not advisable to kick the cat these days!) and the beer came out.

They showed umpteen replies of the first two goals on the concourse and I watched them waiting to se the third but it never appeared. Konate had a run up so beat Ake who was jumping from a standing postion.

I didn't have you down as a kick the door type :-)

I've been living in exile in S.Oxfordshire for over 30 years now so we got home fairly quickly.

It’s time these tributes were put to bed, they can only cause trouble. There’s plenty of disasters/loss of life that don’t remember in public, just keep it private. If Liverpool fans feel the need they can organise a remembrance at their own ground in a non match day.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but they’ve disrespected the Munich remembrance in the past and they’ve never acknowledged Hysel.

Time to stop now but I’ll say it one more time RIP the innocent 97.

I kind of agree because we now have a load of morons who have grown up with finding it funny to disrespect everything for "Bantz" and to prove they're a bigger **** than everyone else.

I like to look at it how I'd feel if it was our fans who suffered at Hillsborough though. I'd want to remember and reflect on it every anniversary, or the closest I could get to share it with fellow fans. Sadly I'd expect some morons would find it funny to poke fun at that but I'd still want to remember.

I detest Liverpool football club and the majority of their cultish fans but I'd never disrespect or mock that tragedy. It could have been any of us and I'm sure a fair few of us have been trapped in dangerous crushes in the bad old days so we know the absolute terror they would have felt in their final moments. R.I.P the 97.

Pep does my head in at times but he had little choice here mate .
Agreed,unlike the Semi and Cl final last season,at least this shitshow and poor team selection didn't come as a surprise.

I think he missed an opportunity to get the kids on though.

Giddy and very bullish red scouser told me on Friday that:
Your end will be half empty,
You're playing a clown as GK,
We'll press the shite out of you from the first whistle,
We'll be out of sight by half-time.

Dontcha just fucking despise giddy red scousers?
Did he predict he'd be desperately whistling for the final whistle?

Shite day all round but if we win on Wednesday and in the unlikely event the rags can get something on Tuesday playing against a tired Liverpool team, pep will be justified in his team selection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.