Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

It was well known last season that Sterling was not committing to City. That's when the Barca rumours picked up momentum. Even now, there is no sign of contract extension. If clubs were interested, there would be some rumours. Regardless, he is not good enough for a move to a big club.
Fuck off with he's not good enough..
He's been fantastic for us..
So you are privvy to the inner workings of the club are you..
Until a decision has been made regarding Sterling and whether he renews or whether he doesn't ..nobody really knows what will happen.
I'm sure if he leaves he won't be short of clubs wanting to sign him.

My daughter got shouted at and verbally rounded on for standing up and giving it some to gee our boys on. Got told to sit down and that she shouldn’t be swearing and all that. That they didn’t want swearing and chanting and people standing etc no kids etc around she had already checked.. I expect she gave as good as she got to the FOCs but.. she couldn’t believe how flat the crowd was . I wasn’t there so am relating this second hand.
Problem is these belllends who disgraced a minute silence have probably set us back years of PR. I know it’s not the sane but I was at anfield with Leeds this year as my mates follow them and during the game he hr amount of scousers doing throat slitting motions was astounding .they are as bad as anyone

Until a decision has been made regarding Sterling and whether he renews or whether he doesn't ..nobody really knows what will happen.
Sorry mate but Raz not been playing well for ages now. Nothing against the guy, but he's a shadow of the player he was a couple of years back.

I'm talking about the present and specifically about chances of a potential move to a "BIG" club. Nothing about his contributions to this club or country. You're paranoid and reading into things I never said.

My daughter got shouted at and verbally rounded on for standing up and giving it some to gee our boys on. Got told to sit down and that she shouldn’t be swearing and all that. That they didn’t want swearing and chanting and people standing etc no kids etc around she had already checked.. I expect she gave as good as she got to the FOCs but.. she couldn’t believe how flat the crowd was . I wasn’t there so am relating this second hand.
So It might have never happened then. You would make a good journalist.

What more can be said that already hasn't.
On reflection, I've decided that after a 17 hour round trip, I won't be doing anymore Wembley semi finals.
I was in that little fanzone outside Wembley arena when the team was announced, and to a man everyone in my vicinity looked deflated, Pep had done a Pep, he'd handed the initiative to Liverpool and to a team and fan base that as much as I dislike them, it did mean more.
Onto the game, it's a long time since I've seen us look so dis jointed, there was no structure, no leadership, nothing. Some of more senior and experienced players failed miserably, we seemed to be constantly switching positions purely for switching positions sake.
I'm not gonna pile on Zack, he knows he fucked up and cost us the game, what I was fewming at during the game, it was obvious his confidence was shot to pieces, he even had Fern taking his goal kicks, but we kept on passing the ball back to him putting under more needless pressure.
I could go right through the team and critisize them individually, not one player did themselves justice yesterday, I'd sooner Pep throw the FA cup in the 3rd round than the semi final again and save us the time, hope and expense it incurs.
We've given Liverpool a massive confidence boost.
That sums things up perfectly, play the EDS in the 3rd round next year - I could support that.

for once Pep was right to throw this game , poor buggers were dead on their feet.
credit him and the lads for getting anywhere near a full strength dippers side.

as always the title is everything .
The title IS everything. But if he had really wanted to put all our eggs in the PL / CL basket he could’ve picked a much weaker team than he did yesterday. He neither went for it nor did he do a Pellegrini and throw it.

It was a much more important game yesterday but there are distinct parallels between that defeat and the league cup loss to the rags in 2017 namely Pep fielding an under strength team against hated rivals in a game the fans are desperate for a victory in.

I’d much sooner have played the kids midweek against Atleti and gone out of the CL to give us a better chance of beating those horrible cunts yesterday.

Posted this on the Pep thread but still relevant here.

Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short. 3 players who could have made a big difference in a game like yesterday when half the team are knackered.
I would have played Ederson too.
Steffen and Zinchenko came in having not played for ages, so there was bound to be some rustines.

We have Alvarez signed already, hopefully Haaland too and i'm sure a DM now we know Dinho wants to leave.

Plus we have academy lads who have travelled with the squad this season so i'd expect them to take a bigger role next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.