Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I still feel it will be a lack of energy that will see us fall short this season. Very little rest time now between fixtures, and we haven't got much scope for heavy rotation. Fingers crossed we can get good half time leads in these next two matches, and make changes early in the 2nd half, Brighton will not be easy though

I think it would be much easier going into the final as league champions, rather than having the pressure of making or breaking the season all on one game.
It would be but if Madrid is close after the first leg he will risk it. It’s just the way he rolls.

I expect a lot of rotation for Watford and Leeds unless we beat Madrid heavily in the first leg.

Time will tell.

He will also take risks in the league too as the CL is the one that has escaped him. He will want that one more than any. I think we will see key players rested in the Watford and Leeds games.
When we play Watford, Real have a free weekend to nicely prepare for our 1st CL semi.
And Real have a minimum 9 point lead in La Liga.

When we play Watford, Real have a free weekend to nicely prepare for our 1st CL semi.
And Real have a minimum 9 point lead in La Liga.
Which won’t go unnoticed by Pep either. I can’t see either De Bruyne/Rodri playing against Watford. They are the two players we can’t don’t without and with Cancelo banned, I can’t see Walker being risked even if he is fit. When he said we were in big trouble, he meant it! Our squad lacks depth and the younger players don’t get enough game time to risk them. Be interesting to see what he does.

He will also take risks in the league too as the CL is the one that has escaped him. He will want that one more than any. I think we will see key players rested in the Watford and Leeds games.
Despite him saying time and time again that the PL is the priority as it is the hardest of them all to win? He wants them both equally, just for different reasons.

80% of our posession was in our own half, fucking around trying to play it out from the back. It didn't work all game.
.... and it felt like 80% of that was in our 1st third, with the back four having a laugh trying to see how many times they could casually knock it back to our nervy keeper with red shirts buzzing around instead of turning and playing up and through the midfield. Barmy.

Which won’t go unnoticed by Pep either. I can’t see either De Bruyne/Rodri playing against Watford. They are the two players we can’t don’t without and with Cancelo banned, I can’t see Walker being risked even if he is fit. When he said we were in big trouble, he meant it! Our squad lacks depth and the younger players don’t get enough game time to risk them. Be interesting to see what he does.
At least Villareal also have a free weekend pre CL 1st leg
as La Liga scheduled Copa del Rey final on the weekend pre UEFA semis, supporting domestic teams for the big matches. Smart.

Anyway, we actually need dippers PL opponents to play their bloody cup finals against them. Gives us some room for needed rotation.
Dippers match list will be tough, in case opponents don't roll over as usual. We'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.