Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Missed the whole fucking thing as some dick hit my car on the way home this morning. Disappointed of course, but no one ever beats us apart from ourselves ffs.

hope nothing to serious and no one was hurt.

Reactions: TFC
Everything about that match; selection, energy levels, commitment, has to be seen in the context of Wednesday night. It was a bruising exhausting battle and evey player will have been suffering the after effects.The very last thing they would want a few days later is a semi final against Liverpool.

By way of contrast, Liverpool players had a rest and a stroll in the park.

The other thing weighing on the team is priorities. At this stage in the season, pragmatism is required. The FA cup is NOT top priority.

IF City go on to win the league and maybe the champs league it was absolutely the correct approach to this game

Looking forward to Brighton and Real Madrid with a fit, refreshed squad already. And one less distraction

Today shows how important Edison and Rodri are to the team. Back 5 couldn’t cope with the press and sadly ferny legs have gone.
first teamers rested for Wednesday the only positive
i though the back 4 were fine, they only got stretched at the end with the midfield going for broke

Liverpool were able to rest all their best players against Benfica. We were battered and bruised by Simeone's psychos and were missing six/seven of our best players. I am of course disappointed with losing the game but, due to the circumstances, I must say that I am not surprised and the comments from some fans are pathetic. When Steffen gifted the second goal that was a killer for our lads. Amazingly we still had chances and could have even drawn at the end but sadly our finishing lets us down so often. On a brighter note, if we get Haaland then I think we will be untouchable.

Liverpool were fresh and made 4 subs, we were fatigued and had injuries and made 1 sub, makes no sense to me

I think this narrative has been overplayed a tad. After our semi final defeat we won the next five games, winning the league in the process, and getting to our first CL final. I'd take that sort of momentum any day of the week.
Gave Chelsea a boost when they had no right to have any , fear the same today.

To be fair Phil McNulty on BBC said we were understrength and we still have a stellar season to look forward to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.