Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

i though the back 4 were fine, they only got stretched at the end with the midfield going for broke
I think they lacked a trust in Steffens and Fern, never seen so many aimless kicks up field. Had same issue with bravo in the past.

Everything about that match; selection, energy levels, commitment, has to be seen in the context of Wednesday night. It was a bruising exhausting battle and evey player will have been suffering the after effects.The very last thing they would want a few days later is a semi final against Liverpool.

By way of contrast, Liverpool players had a rest and a stroll in the park.

The other thing weighing on the team is priorities. At this stage in the season, pragmatism is required. The FA cup is NOT top priority.

IF City go on to win the league and maybe the champs league it was absolutely the correct approach to this game

Looking forward to Brighton and Real Madrid with a fit, refreshed squad already. And one less distraction
I don't think people realize the level of disadvantage we came to this game with today. I genuinely think this game was already dead lost on wednesday night, as defeatist as it seems.

i though the back 4 were fine, they only got stretched at the end with the midfield going for broke
I agree, our midfield were woeful especially in the first half. Couldn't believe Pep only made one sub and left it so late!!!

Ake was our best player, I thought Zinchenko was poor, stones defended OK, but his passing was poor. And Cancelo was just Meh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.