Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

The squad doesn’t have enough depth and bodies to handle a week like this, so it’s probably for the best that it wouldn’t be able to handle the final either. We can win the two competitions we got left and let them have the domestic cups

Liverpool were able to rest all their best players against Benfica. We were battered and bruised by Simeone's psychos and were missing six/seven of our best players. I am of course disappointed with losing the game but, due to the circumstances, I must say that I am not surprised and the comments from some fans are pathetic. When Steffen gifted the second goal that was a killer for our lads. Amazingly we still had chances and could have even drawn at the end but sadly our finishing lets us down so often. On a brighter note, if we get Haaland then I think we will be untouchable.
We weren't "missing" them though were we? Pep just chose not to sub them on not even in the last 15-20 minutes.

Do people think the back 4 were a problem today? I thought they performed well.

For me the first half was a disjointed midfield, off the pace Ferna and the forwards not being able to keep the ball.

Second half Ferna got a grip, the rearrangement of the forwards worked better and our pressing improved.

Oh slight issue was the apparition in net letting in 2 soft ones and also standing on his goal line shuffling around for some reason whilst the quickest forward player in england bore down on him

Christ. That was a tough watch, the first half in particular. What can you say? We were a bit dogshit with so many players off their game, a B team defence and yet we still ran them close at the end. Scoreline maybe flatters us given how we played overall, but as it was their 1st XI basically they don't look that convincing. But please don't play that keeper/defence combination ever again.

John Stones tried his guts out, Ake made some good tackles. Enough said on Steffen, the boy will be suffering enough I'm sure. Some others weren't brilliant either, sadly Fernandinho being one of them.

Brighton won't be easy after seeing them at Spurs today, they looked very organised...but I hope we take it all out on them on Weds and no let up for this PL title now.

Harsh that. There is always next season and Erling Haaland.

It was a little bit tongue in cheek but it certainly wouldn’t be a good luck for Pep.

If Liverpool beat us in the CL final that would be back to back seasons we’d have been beaten on multiple occasions by a domestic rival in huge games.

I still think we will win the CL this season and Grealish will bag the winner.

Everything about that match; selection, energy levels, commitment, has to be seen in the context of Wednesday night. It was a bruising exhausting battle and evey player will have been suffering the after effects.The very last thing they would want a few days later is a semi final against Liverpool.

By way of contrast, Liverpool players had a rest and a stroll in the park.

The other thing weighing on the team is priorities. At this stage in the season, pragmatism is required. The FA cup is NOT top priority.

IF City go on to win the league and maybe the champs league it was absolutely the correct approach to this game

Looking forward to Brighton and Real Madrid with a fit, refreshed squad already. And one less distraction
If you are putting it in context then you just have to hold your hands up and admit Pep fucks up in FA cup and CL games against the other big 5 teams.

Played 7 Lost 7. He did exactly the same last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.