Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I thought before I would be ready to forgive the lads in case we lose.

Tough 4 matches, we let them off the hook but defended our PL top spot, kicked out Atlet... (spits out) and where knackered today, rested key players and even including bloody mistakes and easy misses we nearly went to ET. It's ok for me.

Get our normal team back in flow for the league and see how dippers handle the fixture pile up.
Upwards and onwards.

Hopefully Zack never puts on a City shirt In any match EVER again. Imagine if Ederson were injured and he replaced him. He literally won that game for them!

I hope crazy teams like Madrid don’t see that weakness and deliberately injure our keeper.

I wasn't expecting that, the 1st half was shocking.
We were given the run around and couldn't get near them at all. They pressed us from the off and defensively we were shite as we couldn't get out and when we did, our ball retention and passing was terrible.
It was bad marking for the 1st and 3rd goal (how do you leave Mane standing there alone!!!) and as for Steffen on the 2nd goal, well................

We responded well in the 2nd half but it was too little, too late.

Let's hope this is our last loss for the rest of the season, because if it isn't we won't be winning anything this season.

Time to focus and go again City.

Maybe because back then there was no guarantee we’d reach the ECL semi or be in a fabbo position to win the league.
I’d say it’s fairly obvious if we were say safely in 3rd, but way off the title, and out of Europe them of course he would have gone full tilt today. But we are, so he didn’t. I didn’t go today so it’s easy for me to say, but I’m fine with that choice.

On the other hand, re today, how often has Steffen made an error as bad as that 2nd goal? We put just one of our other chances away; it goes to extra time, we get a memorable victory on pens, and everyone who did go today is over the moon!

I did go and thankfully the journey home was quick.

The game was something John Carpenter dreamt up.

The error from Steffen was undeniably appalling. They showed it over at HT on the concourse screens and Zack just doesn't look at Mane. His dreams will be directed by Wes Craven for many nights to come.

I would have started Ederson for this game, due to their press, but I would not have expected that error from Zack and he should not be scapegoated. The defending on all of their goals was not good enough.

The the first two goals shook City; especially the second and they needed time to clear their heads an get onto some sort of track.

Slightly better finishing and we might have salvaged something so the team deserves credit for fighting to the end but it's a bitter blow.

Last edited:
Totally deflated.

Didn’t expect much after the run of games we’ve had and how tough they were. Less so when I saw our line up. But still, feel very deflated. Probably more to do with the manner in which we played in the first half. Another 10 minutes though and I think we’d have found an equaliser.

Huge shame but at the end of the day, forgivable given the other two trophies we’re fighting for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.