Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Jesus was our best forward in both games vs Liverpool. If the other forwards did as well as him, we would have won both games.
Jesus was our only good forward in the CL final last season n’all.

In fact, you look at big games over the years, Gabriel Jesus very regularly turns up, works his bollocks off, often plays well, and often scores (yesterday two the formers were true but things just didn’t come off for him).

Over the last few weeks, Jesus has looked by far our most lively and hard working forward. He looks like he wants picking for the run-in.

Sorry, but some of you need to give you’re heads a wobble. 97 people went to a match and didn’t come home. Mainly kids, older folk who went early to get a decent spot to watch a match. If you can’t shut your face for a minute to respect those folk, there’s something seriously wrong with your moral stance.

doesn’t matter what team they supported, doesn’t matter that their clubs fans are the most entitled cultish babies in the world, doesn’t matter that the chances are that those indirectly and directly responsible for their deaths were there yesterday. The people that died deserve respect.

I went to the Swamp for the derby on the 50th anniversary of Munich. Everyone expected the City fans to disrupt the silence but every single one behaved perfectly and you could have heard a pin drop. Every. Single. One.

we were a fucking embarrassment off the field yesterday before the match and no amount of bad-mouthing the scousers for being utter pricks (and let’s face it, it’s not difficult is it) will make it ok to disrespect a group of people that could easily have been you or me that day.

In fact, you look at big games over the years, Gabriel Jesus very regularly turns up, works his bollocks off, often plays well, and often scores (yesterday two the formers were true but things just didn’t come off for him).

Over the last few weeks, Jesus has looked by far our most lively and hard working forward. He looks like he wants picking for the run-in.
What he lacks in guile he off sets a lot with effort. Always helps others around him when he makes himself a nuisance

I love the guy for his attitude, the ultimate top class pro, leaves nothing on the pitch at the end of the game, gives his all.

Sad that he is lacking that special something as a striker, if he was a consistent goal scorer he would be a magnificent player.

Not going to criticize the fans who went yesterday. I didn't go.

But our 'vocal support' at Wembley has been getting worse since the high of beating United in the semi-final, and Stoke in the the final.

Not sure it's the amount of trips to Wembley, or just the general malaise of our support at Wembley.
I went yesterday and for the first time in my life walked out of the stadium at half time. Pep is brilliant and is the best thing to happen to this club in decades but he must show the match going supporters more respect. Those players are on massive salaries, far greater than I could ever dream of. So please stop feeling sorry for them playing too many games. If they're fit they should play. My game attendance is dwindling but yesterday might well have brought it to a halt.

So then. City have become a sort of “Adopted “ team by myself as it’s my daughter who is the fan. My first team is forest and honestly the fans at the city ground make more noise than us city fans yesterday. I’ve been to the ethiad with her several times and the fans get behind the team there. Totally get why lots didn’t bother yesterday what with transport issues and the costs ,so I’ll blame no one for that. City fans behind the goal were fully behind the team,but in the corner near the front where we were, it was mostly half and half scarves and to my astonishment three people in front us were sat with nachos and then popcorn , yet had all the city merch on! I was stood up trying to get some passion going in my section,but no one wanted to know. at 3-2 when Foden came over to put a corner in there was none in our section on their feet cheering the team to try to get an equaliser. The city fans we’ve met at the ethiad have been great people, passionate about their team. I’ve no idea who loads of the people in the city end were yesterday. I think the hardcore were behind the goal and up on level 5. Those people are a credit to their club. Mahrez seemed to have plenty of fight and I’ve no idea why he didn’t start the second half. Could’ve been a different game. Loved the banners the city fans had at the start of the game as there are similar displays at the city ground. Even though forest are my team ( have my picture with the European cup from when I was 8), my daughter and me follow city as it’s her team. I’m just as vocal at the ethiad and was yesterday for city as I am forest,but came away seeing a disjointed team on the pitch possibly for reasons already discussed on here,but wondering who loads of the fans there yesterday actually are. City fans are normally an absolute credit to the team and Manchester. As for the booing. Small minorty of Morons at every club unfortunately. Onwards and upwards to brighton and Real Madrid. Hope everyone got home safe.

Just tell them if we find the offenders we'll stick them on a coach and send it to klanfield. Just to make sure they're happy with that we'll let Merseyside police organise it.
I dont understand how it wasn't made public beforehand. The first i heard of it was 20 seconds before it started. Saying that no excuse for chanting over it, if it was intended to upset. It was probably just the motivation the Littlepool players needed to race out of the blocks.

We have lost a fair few FA Cup semi-finals lately, I am surprised so many keep going. The FA making two NW teams trek down to London is also a bloody good reason for not going.
We live on a little island, and we live pretty much smack bang in the middle of it. Nowhere is that far away, we have no extraordinarily lengthy away trips at all.

London is just 3½-5 hours away, depending on traffic. I spend as much time in the pub before and after home games at the Etihad as I did on the coach to and from Wembley yesterday. My day out was the same length as it usually is for a City Saturday home game.

We have 7 away trips to London and a few even further than that in the Prem. A number of fans do every one of these and have done for years. And there are City fans who travel up to the Etihad from down South 19-25 times a season for every single home game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.