Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

If I look where ? Where will I find a long list ? If you mean rawk, why would I lower myself.

I'm not sure why you quoted this reply anyway it was only a joke to EB, who has since deleted her post anyway, but it had nothing controversial in it really.

I replied to this mate, loads of Liverpool fans aghast at the coin incident.

Looking back I somehow fucked up and quoted you, apologies :)

The days of coppers being the good guys has unfortunately gone…….wouldn’t trust any copper……
I know a few decent coppers but like every situation in life there's that balance between control and not wanting to be controlled. Often people who've experienced negative feelings of being undermined, controlled, not treated well - when presented with an opportunity for deviance they act upon it.

Take the example of the man who's been bullied (a cliche for coppers I know), or the man who's been rejected by all the tarts in town, the man who feels intimated by the dickheads, the gangs, the hench blokes, the bully types, the young lads who have nothing to lose so offer you out.....this is the control balance in action. You don't have much control and you resent it. Give these men the opportunity to do something that gives them control and often they will act upon it.

Add into the mix a narcissistic type personality where any rejection or questioning of the ego is met with resentment and you have the fuel for a classic dick head copper. Which unfortunately seems to describe at least 70-80 percent of the cunts.

You saying that - incorrectly - is EXACTLY the point of the song. Hillsborough was absolutely not your fans' fault. You were the victims of a perfect storm of incompetence and a long-term, determined attempt to cover up those failures. While there's still idiots who trot out the Sun's line, most know the true circumstances now.

But your fans have taken that appalling set of circumstances and overlaid it onto everything that's happened to you since, real or imagined.

Heysel - another combination of failures of officialdom but the defining act of that tragedy was the victims being killed when that wall collapsed, after your hooligans element had charged them. "But they threw things at us" or the ludicrous "I heard a lot of Southern accents" from your own. CEO or chairman, which led him to claim it was Chelsea hooligans. I don't know if he ever expressed contrition for that statement or not, but it was a classic case of "always the victims", being blamed for the mythical wrongdoing of another group of fans.

The whole Thatcher/anti-establishment thing (which is relatively new in my experience, like the last few years). "We boo the National Anthem because of Thatcher's attitude to Merseyside". But Thatcher wasn't the Queen, or even a member of the Royal Family. And many places suffered far worse than Liverpool, particularly the coal-mining areas. Again "always the victims".

The "Allez, allez, allez" song, particularly the line "battered in the streets". It clearly refers to just that one night in Kyiv, nothing else. Yet you made it about Sean Coxm then created a media storm when the City players were heard to sing it on the flight back from Brighton. Again, always the victims.

This ridiculous thought transference that "We were justified in throwing flares and coins because someone (probably an Everton fan) wrote the word 'kopites' on a toilet door".

You rightly condemn the 'Sun was right' chant yet feel quite justified in mocking the hundreds of victims of mass murderer Harold Shipman. You mocked the Munich air disaster (as did quite a few City fans until we stamped it out) yet get upset when other fans sing 'Feed the scousers'.

Those, and other, things are what the song is about, not Hillsborough.

Always the fucking victims.
Terrifically written and on point PB..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.