Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I had a liverpool fan on my facebook page a while back, an old friend who has since departed to the land of foot stompy weirdness and is no longer speaking to me, kicking off after they drew with everton that someone used the term "dipper". getting on his moral high horse about how this is a perfect example of mancunians laughing about the poverty in liverpool and how manchester isn't exactly rich either blah blah blah. katrina took great pleasure in telling him to fuck off and stop being a knob. he took his ball home.
The victimise every jibe against them into something that should be taken seriously.

We call Cockneys like fuck for being Cockneys, we give Geordies loads of shit about being Geordies, the Welsh teams get ditties about beastiality, the Yorkshire lot both barrels about being dirty because they’re from Yorkshire, Burnley and Boro get hammered about being inbred by our fans, Brummies get it off us n’all… none of them victimise the shit they get off us, they all just give it us back.

Brighton and Watford fans, among many any Southerners, sing ‘in your Northern slums’ at us. We don’t victimise it.

Everton fans get loads of shit off us and us off them… neither set of fans takes it seriously.

Liverpool fans on the other hand, fucking hell, they victimise everything aimed at them. Everything is a big deal, everything is out of order.

This song doesnt bother me personally as a scouser and Everton fan as we have become immune to it.

However as a song itself, it’s a bit crass given the problems working class and poor people all over the country are going through right now, with the explosion of people going hungry.
Agree with this, it’s a bit of a shit, unnecessary song.

We had a bad incident at the Emirates years ago where it literally rained cups, piss, ale. Was awful and the stewards werent arsed.
Form the corporate 2nd tier?

Had yellow sun tan lotion bottles lobbed down in 2008 at the AIG sponsored Munich 50th. Stewards wanted to get rid of them. It was probably "veiled" racist statement due to a Thai owner. Sun tan lotion in Feb.

Will we be replacing ‘Feed the scousers’ with
‘Feed the…………..’ when Everton visit, in honour of the decent toffees that come on ere, it’s about time we separated them from the ferrals
I , personally, decided to start calling them kopites. I have issues calling the dippers, as I do calling Trafford Rangers, rags - but that’s just me.

To me ‘kopites’ invokes a cult, perfect for KlAnfield, rather than anything else.

It also doesn’t group them with Everton, using the ‘scousers’ refrain. Though scousewashing is so apt.
If you want to read an absolute bellend describing themselves as a kopite (as a quick google found):
The 4th paragraph contains a beaut, among many

Will we be replacing ‘Feed the scousers’ with
‘Feed the…………..’ when Everton visit, in honour of the decent toffees that come on ere, it’s about time we separated them from the ferrals
Feed the kopites

Form the corporate 2nd tier?

Had yellow sun tan lotion bottles lobbed down in 2008 at the AIG sponsored Munich 50th. Stewards wanted to get rid of them. It was probably "veiled" racist statement due to a Thai owner. Sun tan lotion in Feb.

Yeah was around the same time funnily enough. There will be the odd video somewhere. Coins were thrown too.

Not sure what sparked it and its fine these days but it wasnt great.

This song doesnt bother me personally as a scouser and Everton fan as we have become immune to it.

However as a song itself, its a bit crass given the problems working class and poor people all over the country are going through right now, with the explosion of people going hungry.
As I said I don't sing it for the reasons you state, I don't find merrit in taking the piss out of another city for poverty when all major citys should be united on the fact we are all in it together and getting shafted by the government

I know also that as the song has been around for 20+ years at least it won't go away with some fans unfortunately, on the same note as it has always been directed as the red scouse mainly they know it isn't about present child poverty rates and that they are using such to excuse their behaviour is equally crass and shameful from them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.