Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Villa fans were complaining about City fans doing exactly that after the last game of last season. They said we launched coins into their end continuously through the game and smoke bombs (not flares, much like Liverpool fans didn’t throw flares into our fans the other night, it was a smoke bomb) into their end through the celebrations of goals.

Some Villa fans said that final day was the wild test most frightening day they’ve experienced at a football game.
My brother in-law who’s a Geordie says City away is the worst ground he goes to for coins being thrown.

Some of our supporters like to sing that "xxxx is s shithole. I want to go home."

They sang it at Harrogate and then went back to Swindon. They don't do irony that well.

exactly..but some like a handful do it.
depends how far you want to go back. City were well known for throwing bricks at away fans on the Kippax back in the days. But I agree this is a different era and its silly and dangerous.

Agree with this, it’s a bit of a shit, unnecessary song.
Nah, they should use their famous wit and sense of humour ;-) to make up a suitable song to sing in response rather than whine about it like a bunch of cry babies.

I've never sung it myself for that reason. Nor called them bin dippers. Nor sung the "sign on" stuff either. Then again I'm a bit of a lefty bleeding heart, and I understand some other fans think this is the sort of banter that belongs in football and as long as it isn't racist or homophobic I take it with a pinch of salt. But like others have said it's pretty standard football fare, you'd hear similar up and down grounds all over the country, and it's a bit weird seeing this now offered as a song that Liverpool fans see as a provocation too far.
Yeah, it certainly doesn’t justify the behaviour of some Liverpool fans.

How in this day and age with cameras in every inch of grounds can they not find the person/people who threw stuff?

This fixture is becoming too hostile now and there are incidents every game. The best course of action would be to threaten to play it with no fans for a season as a warning.
Exactly this , they can identify the seat number and the details of the purchaser , but the police cannot be arsed to spend time on incidents like this , when they cant come round to my house to investigate a burglary for a week ,and then do fuck all but provide a crime number and then expecting them to be concerned about a few "harmless" missiles at a football match is delusion on a grand scale.
Police in general are underfunded and not fit for purpose , unless you have a number plate attached they wouldnt solve any crimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.