Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

If they ignored the songs that offend them so badly they would soon stop as the response would make singing them pointless. Truth is football fans will sing most things to get a reaction, I've never seen a Hillsborough flag at any game yet. Yet they deem it okay to constantly fly Steau flags and yet as soon as others respond they're all over the Internet demanding apologies and reprimands.

Getting their own house in order would give them some sort of stance and if they saw people throwing objects at fans below, then they should have dealt with it themselves or called in stewards or police to do so. Instead they deem it as normal behaviour and justify it time and time again with no consequences.

Villa fans were complaining about City fans doing exactly that after the last game of last season. They said we launched coins into their end continuously through the game and smoke bombs (not flares, much like Liverpool fans didn’t throw flares into our fans the other night, it was a smoke bomb) into their end through the celebrations of goals.

Some Villa fans said that final day was the wildest most frightening day they’ve experienced at a football game.
Yes. A young female Villa fan was burnt by one of the smoke bombs.

I can see it happening from my seat in 109. People shouldn't be throwing anything at opposition fans and City told us at my final CM meeting that they will be issuing long bans for anyone caught doing that in future.

The fact that our fans do it doesn't excuse any other fans who do it but we'll struggle to argue the moral high ground if we're no better.

Last edited:
WTF..I've never chucked anything into fans and I don't know anybody who has..maybe you might have but I can honestly say the vast majority of City fans haven't.
TBF I was at the Nou Camp 7 or 8 years ago and our fans were chucking things onto the Barcelona fans below

This is how the scousers see themselves.

200w.gif

In response to the last paragraph of a post by Gorton-tubster in the locked email thread, the treatment of Liverpool and its people over the years by thatcher, tory governments, police, press, the establishment etc. over hillsborough, and subsequently the general population of this country who have peddled the same old lies, has undoubtedly led to a lot of heartache, hatred and bitterness.

I honestly think a big part of why Liverpool are disliked by large parts of the country is because Liverpool supporters don't want anything to with them and don't want to be like them, as a result of this treatment. The shit Liverpool have taken over the years about Hillsborough and poverty inevitably creates a rift and 'scouse not english' becomes the sentiment. People up and down the country then don't like it and the resentment becomes mutual.

The poor girl getting hit by something last night absolutely shouldn't have happened and was disgraceful. How anyone can think it's acceptable to indiscrimately throw anything into a crowd full of people is beyond me. I hope whoever did it is caught and punished accordingly.

At the same time, the ramping up of the taunting of people over death and poverty is also inexcusable and is obviously designed to hurt and inflame things.

All this 'what about...' shite is pathetic and gets you nowhere. It's partly why I said yesterday that this one-sided view that Liverpool are scum and City are squeaky clean so it's ok to abuse the scousers as much as you like, is wrong, and actually perpetuates more of the bitterness and unsavoury incidents between the clubs. Liverpool, as do any club, including city, have supporters who will cross the line. City have supporters who are happy to ramp things up with the death taunts. Unfortunately, incidents like last night then become horribly inevitable if it's not reigned in.

You will probably all disgaree but the joint statement seems sensible to me. What needs to happen is that both Liverpool and City accept responsibility for their failings. No ifs or buts. Maybe then things might improve.

I will await the usual vermin, ****, rat, fuck off shouts. But if that's the approach you want to take, maybe you're part of the problem.
you were known as lazy, thieving, scruffy, workshy bin dipping stanley knife carrying cunts long before hillsborough though so fuck right off

I , personally, decided to start calling them kopites. I have issues calling the dippers, as I do calling Trafford Rangers, rags - but that’s just me.
I get the dippers bit, but rags? That goes back decades and is a reference to when we had to lend them some used kit, hence rags.

No racist, violent or homophobic overtones, just a simple footy piss take. Why on earth you've decided to not use that word is beyond me, but each to their own I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.