Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

It absolutely was a factor as it almost happened at the Wolves/Spurs semi final in 81 (footage on YouTube of this) and the semi final wasn’t played there again until 89.
Yet in both finals the same mistakes were made (plus the same fixture in 1988 between Forest and the Dippers) - the mismanagement of the crowd meant the central pens were overcrowded. So how far was the venue responsible or was it the continual mismanagement of the crowd by the same police force.
One thing the FA were responsible for was not checking Sheffield Wednesdays safety certificate was up to date.

I think city are missing a trick here
3000 Liverpool fans at most £30 a ticket
Ban them and they can easily make £60 a ticket to match going city fans

Reactions: PPT
I think city are missing a trick here
3000 Liverpool fans at most £30 a ticket
Ban them and they can easily make £60 a ticket to match going city fans
Surprised we haven’t banned every away fan. Those level 2 away fans could be replaced by Corporates who could go to an offsite Burger King and be charged £150.

The Sun newspaper they have good reason to mistrust - Im not so sure about the Tory government. Their initial reaction was to blame All football fans for the state of football and on the back of Heysel there was a natural mistrust of Liverpool fans anyway. However the Taylor report (appointed by Thatcher as the official enquiry) completely exonerated blame of the Liverpool fans and laid all blame at the hands of the police and Sheffield Wednesday - they found no evidence that Liverpool fans turning up late or being pissed played any factor in the disaster.
I agree this didn’t lead to prosecutions - I’m not sure how the FA were to blame unless the selecting Hillsborough as the venue was a factor?
Was it not the FA who insisted that fans would be fenced in?

if there were no fences the fans being crushed could have gotten onto the pitch. Was this in the Taylor report? I think the FA is almost as culpable as the police.

What would my ability (or lack of it in this case) have to do with what I posted?

Just thought you were expecting a little much for chants not to be derogatory, homophobic or just downright nasty. Couldn't think of any.

Never mind. Wasn't really a serious post.

As are about 90% of songs at football matches.
Songs fall in to 2 categories:
1. Those praising your team / its players/ its past
2. Those Taking the unbridled piss out of the opposition/ other hated teams. These may involve deeply insensitive words / phrases/ ideas- in fact, the more insensitive, the better, as it’s likely to piss off the other fans even more, hence the dippers getting their dirty knickers in a twist about being hailed as an outpost of poverty, pestilence and disease.
It’s piss taking.
It’s football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.