Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I know football forums can attract some of the weirdest elements of a fan base (present company excluded, of course), but a quick scan of theirs seems to show that a few spent their whole Christmas day painfully putting up a case for why injuring a teenage girl, and possibly scaring her off football for good, was actually Pep Guardiola's fault for complaining that coins were thrown at him. Fuck me.
I've not been on there for a long while, but while there is some attempt by the more sensible poster to put the blame firmly on the idiots, there are a few that seem to think it's entirely the fault of Abu Dhabi. Apparently they've been weaponised in order to deflect attention from AD human rights issues and is part of the mythical sports washing project. I'm not quite sure how they think that works to be honest.

What I don't understand is that not one steward was able to identify any fan throwing missiles, one of which at least was a flare, if I stood up holding one in level two at a home game I would have stewards around me in seconds. The club must have been able to see incidents on cctv yet no one was directed to the area.The club should be investigating these incidents as they happen. Someone could have lost their life while they watched on and did nothing.

What I don't understand is that not one steward was able to identify any fan throwing missiles, one of which at least was a flare, if I stood up holding one in level two at a home game I would have stewards around me in seconds. The club must have been able to see incidents on cctv yet no one was directed to the area.The club should be investigating these incidents as they happen. Someone could have lost their life while they watched on and did nothing.

There was no mention in the press of arrests being made during or after the Comminty sheild when flares and smoke bombs were held up and thrown on to the pitch during the Community Shield match by Liverpool fans. And this was after the Police, the PL, the FA and the clubs said they would clampdown on fans bringing pyrotechnics and smoke bombs into grounds after all the incidents at the end of last season.

The clubs and GMP are still investigating the incidents that happened on Thursday night, so let’s see in the coming weeks if they arrest and charge any Liverpool fans. I won’t hold my breath.

There won’t be any pictures released of any damage or graffiti done to the toilets in SSL3, if there is any? The toilets will be repaired and the graffiti will be cleaned off.

PS. I read 2 Liverpool fans were arrested for trying to bring pyrotechnics into the ground on Thursday.

They are sbsolutely loathed in Nottingham. Know several Forest fans and they all can't stand them, with good reason. Whatever spin the media put on Liverpool, those who know, know.

It's quite amazing how invisible the scroats are when they commit their offences, whether they are at Anfield or wherever.

The police never seem able to identify any of the perpetrators even when they are standing next to them whilst a coach gets seriously damaged, or watching them throw bricks, bottles of piss etc.

Did anybody get identified whilst the mayhem took place in Paris ?

Never seen so many variants of jft96 number plates as out here in Perth where private number plates are 10 a penny. Fucking get over it, 30odd yr old Irish lad has one, would have been about 1 when it happened. Surely the parents and relatives want everyone to shut the fk up about it so they can grieve in peace.

No other club would have come to close to Liverpool. It was City or 3 more PL titles for Liverpool. If the last 4 titles had been shared out by 4 PL clubs, Liverpool fans may have accepted that, but because it was City three times and Liverpool once, they are bitter about that, and their bitterness has grown, especially as City have denied Liverpool a PL title by 1 point on 2 separate occasions.

What also irks Liverpool fans is not being at Anfield to celebrate Liverpool’s first title in 30 years, and Liverpool’s first PL title due to the Covid lockdown. Instead Liverpool fans had to watch the PL trophy being lifted by Henderson at Anfield on the TV, whilst we have celebrated every PL title win on the pitch at the Etihad, especially when the title race went to the last game of the season and both teams played at home.
All our recent title wins have been special, momentous occasions, we are so lucky.

Compare to some of the Rag ones under Taggart where they stumbled to 80 odd points with dour 1 nils and no competition.

US Marines song is it not, same one rags use
the clue is in the line to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too
Don't forget back then Everton fans were all Catholics and Liverpool Protestant.
deep rooted, thank god it is not the case today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.