Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Is it my imagination but since accusations & evidence of another night of shame by Dippers the media have gone quiet on Hillsborough chants.

Almost as if by burying the stories so as not to give oxygen to injuring of innocent kids.

Despite all the fears and warnings we witnessed,without question, Liverpool supporters hurling missiles at our supporters. We knew this would happen and sure a number advised the club of this. If the worst would have happened is there a case to be answered (was going to put something more severe)
Have tv license and disability allowance inspectors with clip boards spaced out along the front few rows facing back looking into the crowd

The solution is simple.

Each club should agree and limit their away allocation to 3000 fans in future cup games, so both sets of fans can remain in the normal away ends. I appreciate that the additional 3000 away fans that could get tickets won’t like that, but other than that or temporary netting along the front of SSL3, there is no other way of stopping the Scousers repeating the same antics again in future domestic cup matches.

Or maybe just not allow fans on the front row and replace them with stewards who watch the crowd?

Put yourself in that stewards position - probably on what? £12 an hour?
Would you (on your own) go up and try and deal with him and his hate filled pals?
Even 5 or 6 stewards would be hesitant doing that.
They aren't night club bouncers.
I'd like to think they were able to get a message to the police box so that cameras can be aimed on the culprits so they can be nabbed at a later time.
I suspect even the police would be reluctant to go in up there and take one lad out - and that would be the same for fans from any club not just the Scousers. It's too risky to do that up there (which yes begs the question why put them up there).
That was the worst thing
Loads of coppers on Ss2 concourse stood around laughing and scratching their arses, counting the overtime and watching the shit rain down on us from above.
Meanwhile they abdicated policing the scousers on L3 to Showsec students on minimum wage
GMP are cowards and shithouses

I remember that, are you referring to showsec incident in 109 about 10 years ago?
I remember that too as i was in 109 then and it happened only 10m in front of me. The steward who waded in to the old bloke got quite a few slaps for bullying, and rightly so. That same steward had been a complete **** before that incident constantly asking blues to sit in a most rude and intimidating manner. Most ignored him or told him to fuck off so i guess he tried picking on the old bloke stood there as an easy target. He was just watching the game like the rest of us stood up in that block minding his own business but the Showsec coward tried to bully him which pissed everyone off near by.

The one good thing to come out of that day is that Showsec decided to take a more softly softly approach in their stewarding in future games.

Last edited:
One of my lads went to Liverpool Hope University in Childwall, which is right next door to Woolton, where Lennon was from.

It’s a very nice area. First time I went up there for a drink with him, I was a little bit on edge on the train up there, imagining I was going to be walking into some spit and sawdust boozer in a rough estate. Was more like Anthology in Wilmslow.
His house is on Menlove Avenue. Just around the corner from Strawberry Fields. As you say, a nice leafy part of Liverpool.

Kevin Bond ( pen ) for one of them definitely. Think maybe the Reeves one was 50/50 a Brucie OG.
I remember Brucie shovelling it into his own net from a shot by a blue in (our) insight right position, that player might have been been Reeves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.