Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

From the father of the daughter hit by the missile (copied from LinkedIn

My 15 year old daughter was hit by a weighted pint pot thrown from the ‘LFC section’ of fans at The Etihad during Manchester City Vs Liverpool last Thursday. The pot ‘smashed’ on impact, she suffered a head injury and was ‘glued’ at the ground before being released later that evening. The incident occurred about 20 mins in, just after Liverpool’s first equaliser. We think it was probably thrown from block 318 as we were directly below this block.

We are meeting officials at Manchester City Football Club this week and are asking for any information that could help us identify the thrower. The police took statements, are keen to pursue and will press charges if we can identify the culprit.

Although I appreciate this is a professional networking site I am hoping if it’s spread far and wide a memory may be jogged somewhere. There were in excess of 50,000 people present.

If you were at the match…or know someone who was.

- Was it near you?
- Where were they located?
- Do you know who it is?
- Have you seen any clips on social?

We have had a call from LFC directly (Billy Hogan) who apologised unreservedly on behalf of the club and I would like to stress they are as committed as we are to rooting this individual out of football and for them to face the consequences of their actions.

Please don’t come at me with whataboutery. I completely condemn any incidents of violence from any football fans and any offensive chanting by fans of either side. She is a 15-year old who was enjoying watching her team with the rest of her family and she is now scarred for life.

I would like to thank the dozens of Liverpool Football Club fans who have contacted us so far with kind messages of support in finding the perpetrator and also all friends and contacts who have been in touch.

I am a Dad seeking justice for his injured daughter, that is all.

All information gratefully received.

I would imagine they can identify them & can share pictures & shame them but currently they are shaming the entire fan base with their silence.

No one has identified the thrower.

Always the victim, never their fault.

That was the worst thing
Loads of coppers on Ss2 concourse stood around laughing and scratching their arses, counting the overtime and watching the shit rain down on us from above.
Meanwhile they abdicated policing the scousers on L3 to Showsec students on minimum wage
GMP are cowards and shithouses
Remember Millwall at Maine Rd in 1999, we scored Millwall tried to storm the pitch.TAG robocops steamed into them broke a few heads and stopped the trouble instantly. The police seem to have lost their bottle in the last 20 odd years being more interested in looking out for anti woke comments on line than protecting Manchesters citizens from violent thugs.

We’re nearly a week on, no arrests made, no photos circulated of the criminals, as many on here feared, it seems that this Police investigation will come to absolutely nothing, and that is only going to stoke up the tensions even further.

I remember that too as i was in 109 then and it happened only 10m in front of me. The steward who waded in to the old bloke got quite a few slaps for bullying, and rightly so. That same steward had been a complete **** before that incident constantly asking blues to sit in a most rude and intimidating manner. Most ignored him or told him to fuck off so i guess he tried picking on the old bloke stood there as an easy target. He was just watching the game like the rest of us stood up in that block minding his own business but the Showsec coward tried to bully him which pissed everyone off near by.

The one good thing to come out of that day is that Showsec decided to take a more softly softly approach in their stewarding in future games.
Yep they don't bother trying anymore in 109 since that incident.

We’re nearly a week on, no arrests made, no photos circulated of the criminals, as many on here feared, it seems that this Police investigation will come to absolutely nothing, and that is only going to stoke up the tensions even further.
tbf investigations can take weeks and we are not gonna be informed of any part of it unless an arrest is made or it goes to the CPS and details released to the media

Last edited:
Whereas Cilla Black took elocution lessons to sound more scouse.
Ricky Tomlinson appeared at a pub in Ashton a few weeks ago (he’d met the landlady and her husband in Turkiye a few weeks earlier). Just did a speech about his life, about an hour in he said “please turn your phones off recording this, I’m going to talk about Cilla Black”. Absolutely ripped into her big style, he couldn’t stand her, talked about he false accent and her put on Scouse personality, he really did hate that talentless woman.

From the father of the daughter hit by the missile (copied from LinkedIn

My 15 year old daughter was hit by a weighted pint pot thrown from the ‘LFC section’ of fans at The Etihad during Manchester City Vs Liverpool last Thursday. The pot ‘smashed’ on impact, she suffered a head injury and was ‘glued’ at the ground before being released later that evening. The incident occurred about 20 mins in, just after Liverpool’s first equaliser. We think it was probably thrown from block 318 as we were directly below this block.

We are meeting officials at Manchester City Football Club this week and are asking for any information that could help us identify the thrower. The police took statements, are keen to pursue and will press charges if we can identify the culprit.

Although I appreciate this is a professional networking site I am hoping if it’s spread far and wide a memory may be jogged somewhere. There were in excess of 50,000 people present.

If you were at the match…or know someone who was.

- Was it near you?
- Where were they located?
- Do you know who it is?
- Have you seen any clips on social?

We have had a call from LFC directly (Billy Hogan) who apologised unreservedly on behalf of the club and I would like to stress they are as committed as we are to rooting this individual out of football and for them to face the consequences of their actions.

Please don’t come at me with whataboutery. I completely condemn any incidents of violence from any football fans and any offensive chanting by fans of either side. She is a 15-year old who was enjoying watching her team with the rest of her family and she is now scarred for life.

I would like to thank the dozens of Liverpool Football Club fans who have contacted us so far with kind messages of support in finding the perpetrator and also all friends and contacts who have been in touch.

I am a Dad seeking justice for his injured daughter, that is all.

All information gratefully received.
’if we can identify the culprit’. Why should it be up to him to identify the culprit. Isn’t that PC Plods job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.