Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I suspect that if that chain of events unfolded, there’d be an agreement between the clubs that non cup away allocations would be deployed in each leg.

We played them in the semi a couple of years ago didn’t we, without any major issues that I can remember at least.

Can’t remember where they put them or how many they got though.

I know football forums can attract some of the weirdest elements of a fan base (present company excluded, of course), but a quick scan of theirs seems to show that a few spent their whole Christmas day painfully putting up a case for why injuring a teenage girl, and possibly scaring her off football for good, was actually Pep Guardiola's fault for complaining that coins were thrown at him. Fuck me.

Not much else to do when the probation office has stopped you seeing the kids at Christmas.

The solution is simple.

Each club should agree and limit their away allocation to 3000 fans in future cup games, so both sets of fans can remain in the normal away ends. I appreciate that the additional 3000 away fans that could get tickets won’t like that, but other than that or temporary netting along the front of SSL3, there is no other way of stopping the Scousers repeating the same antics again in future domestic cup matches.

So 2,999 people per game should have to miss out because of the odd halfwit?

How about the police show some bollocks and sort out the hooligans instead of this softly softly bollocks.

A quick truncheon to the skull and these twats would soon learn to behave.

So 2,999 people per game should have to miss out because of the odd halfwit?

How about the police show some bollocks and sort out the hooligans instead of this softly softly bollocks.

A quick truncheon to the skull and these twats would soon learn to behave.

I did include such a scenario in my post. I didn’t say they should. I also offered an alternative which is netting on long poles placed in brackets on the inside of the wall at the front of the 3rd tier. That is quick, cheap, easy to setup, and easy to take down, when away fans, especially Liverpool fans and United fans are given the the whole of SSL3 in cup ties.

In an ideal world Liverpool fans should have behaved themselves, especially after both clubs released the joint statement, but we all know Liverpool fans are a law upon themselves.

Can you image if the Police had done that. You know what would have followed from LFC, Liverpool fans and their media. The days are long gone when the Police can and will use force like that. Extendable truncheons are draw as a last resort and fans are told to get back. If that doesn’t work the the Police move forward, hitting anyone standing in their way until the fans have dispersed.

Last edited:
I think Grantham was voted Most Boring Town in the UK by its own residents, in a survey on Radio One (so it was aimed at groovy pop-pickers I suppose) - some years ago though. Maybe it has a Wetherspoons and a Subway now. Not 'alf.
I was in the Spoons in G-Town, The Tollemache Inn, for a pint this summer after I’d finished my day’s work. Some typical Spoons punters in there. It’s adjacent to the Thatcher statue and next to the town hall. Earlier that day, I’d noticed a queue to get in before in opened at 8am!

Over the years I've had two (unconnected) close friends from Grantham. Both got out early and never looked back. Actually, like Thatcher herself, come to think of it. A woman who took elocution lessons so that her accent wouldn't hold back her career.
tbf, a Grantham accent is not the most pleasing on the ear.

I did include such a scenario in my post. I didn’t say they should. I also offered an alternative which is netting on long poles placed in brackets on the inside of the wall at the front of the 3rd tier. That is quick, cheap, easy to setup, and easy to take down, when away fans, especially Liverpool fans and United fans are given the the whole of SSL3 in cup ties.

In an ideal world Liverpool fans should have behaved themselves, especially after both club released the joint statement, but we all know Liverpool fans are a law upon themselves.

Can you image if the Police had done that. You know what would have followed from LFC, Liverpool fans and their media. The days are long gone when the Police can and will use force like that. Extendable truncheons are draw as a last resort and fans are told to get back. If that doesn’t work the the Police move forward, hitting anyone standing in their way until the fans have dispersed.

The police in france used the correct method of controlling the dippers. Yet again the dippers were cleared of any wrong doing. And the police were criticised

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.