Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Any lessons learned from this from the club, Showsec and Greater Manchester Police will potentially be demonstrated if we beat Southampton. We could end up with another potential powder keg with the rags if both sides get through. Will the policing and stewarding be a bit more aggressive to prevent situations like what happened the other night?

Any lessons learned from this from the club, Showsec and Greater Manchester Police will potentially be demonstrated if we beat Southampton. We could end up with another potential powder keg with the rags if both sides get through. Will the policing and stewarding be a bit more aggressive to prevent situations like what happened the other night?
I suspect that if that chain of events unfolded, there’d be an agreement between the clubs that non cup away allocations would be deployed in each leg.

will the club security do anything about the coin throwing from above, it happens a lot in cup games when the whole third tier is taken up by away fans. But was on another level of coin throwing when liverpool came over.

it has been brought up in conversations with stewards & security, so far all i have seen is protective glasses and hard hat baseball caps for stewards & security staff.

That was the worst thing
Loads of coppers on Ss2 concourse stood around laughing and scratching their arses, counting the overtime and watching the shit rain down on us from above.
Meanwhile they abdicated policing the scousers on L3 to Showsec students on minimum wage
GMP are cowards and shithouses
How much were the tickets on level 1 and 2? Seems to me people who paid money only to be showered with missiles deserve some recompense. GMP are like any other force in the country, just another arm of the social services.

From the father of the daughter hit by the missile (copied from LinkedIn

My 15 year old daughter was hit by a weighted pint pot thrown from the ‘LFC section’ of fans at The Etihad during Manchester City Vs Liverpool last Thursday. The pot ‘smashed’ on impact, she suffered a head injury and was ‘glued’ at the ground before being released later that evening. The incident occurred about 20 mins in, just after Liverpool’s first equaliser. We think it was probably thrown from block 318 as we were directly below this block.

We are meeting officials at Manchester City Football Club this week and are asking for any information that could help us identify the thrower. The police took statements, are keen to pursue and will press charges if we can identify the culprit.

Although I appreciate this is a professional networking site I am hoping if it’s spread far and wide a memory may be jogged somewhere. There were in excess of 50,000 people present.

If you were at the match…or know someone who was.

- Was it near you?
- Where were they located?
- Do you know who it is?
- Have you seen any clips on social?

We have had a call from LFC directly (Billy Hogan) who apologised unreservedly on behalf of the club and I would like to stress they are as committed as we are to rooting this individual out of football and for them to face the consequences of their actions.

Please don’t come at me with whataboutery. I completely condemn any incidents of violence from any football fans and any offensive chanting by fans of either side. She is a 15-year old who was enjoying watching her team with the rest of her family and she is now scarred for life.

I would like to thank the dozens of Liverpool Football Club fans who have contacted us so far with kind messages of support in finding the perpetrator and also all friends and contacts who have been in touch.

I am a Dad seeking justice for his injured daughter, that is all.

All information gratefully received.

i hope your daughter is ok an hasnt been put off going to games, not good at all especially knowing this was always a threat for us fans below.

keep on at security and the club about it, im sure you have already.

Let me know if you are struggling getting hold of any names to contact, i help run 1894 group and have spoken to many from security, they are very helpful.

I’ll shame them, every single one of them. Until they self-police themselves and start to understand that they have to take responsibility, then everybody needs to do their bit in educating the cult.

Wouldn't surprise me if criminal types up and down the land begin to use the "LFC fan defence" in Court even when they're bang to rights guilty cos, let's face it, they'll get off every fucking time.

Showsec are no longer doing our security, well it wasn't them on entrance P at least on the night, the new ones took forever to search people

Put yourself in that stewards position - probably on what? £12 an hour?
Would you (on your own) go up and try and deal with him and his hate filled pals?
Even 5 or 6 stewards would be hesitant doing that.
They aren't night club bouncers.
I'd like to think they were able to get a message to the police box so that cameras can be aimed on the culprits so they can be nabbed at a later time.
I suspect even the police would be reluctant to go in up there and take one lad out - and that would be the same for fans from any club not just the Scousers. It's too risky to do that up there (which yes begs the question why put them up there).
Of course a single steward isn’t going to tackle an away fan. Whereas they will happily tackle home fans. If we are in agreement that City cannot keep their own fans safe when a larger than normal away contingent are at the Etihad then it’s simple, don’t give them the fucking tickets. Now of course the dippers stand out as supreme dickheads. Maybe the club bite the bullet and start fucking the dippers off, whatever they do, they need to do something.

i hope your daughter is ok an hasnt been put off going to games, not good at all especially knowing this was always a threat for us fans below.

keep on at security and the club about it, im sure you have already.

Let me know if you are struggling getting hold of any names to contact, i help run 1894 group and have spoken to many from security, they are very helpful.
It wasn’t my daughter. I copied a post from LinkedIn from the daughter’s father. Given your contacts with security do you know why they in conjunction with GMP didn’t limit the allocation to just the normal PL one as we did with the rags the other year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.