Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I know football forums can attract some of the weirdest elements of a fan base (present company excluded, of course), but a quick scan of theirs seems to show that a few spent their whole Christmas day painfully putting up a case for why injuring a teenage girl, and possibly scaring her off football for good, was actually Pep Guardiola's fault for complaining that coins were thrown at him. Fuck me.
It’s worrying. Fact they had nothing better to do all Xmas day probably tells a story. Pitiable but dangerous.

We played them in the semi a couple of years ago didn’t we, without any major issues that I can remember at least.

Can’t remember where they put them or how many they got though.
We both got the usual league allocation that time. We played them in a semi about 12 years ago and both legs were miles worse than last week!

It’s worrying. Fact they had nothing better to do all Xmas day probably tells a story. Pitiable but dangerous.
Yeah, I actually find the pyschology of it all (on here as well on their forum) fascinating! And they have some people doing their best to talk them out of their dangerous views, but like you say it's a pretty depressing and telling snapshot of the lives of people who are that far down the rabbit hole.

So 2,999 people per game should have to miss out because of the odd halfwit?

How about the police show some bollocks and sort out the hooligans instead of this softly softly bollocks.

A quick truncheon to the skull and these twats would soon learn to behave.
Coppers would regularly trunction fans back in the day. I remember going to Leeds in the mid 70s on an official supporters club coach. As we got to the car park a cop boarded the coach and trunctioned an old woman and her granddaughter then said- " behave yourself today lads n' you'll be alright". Nasty horrible Yorkshire bastard!

Put yourself in that stewards position - probably on what? £12 an hour?
Would you (on your own) go up and try and deal with him and his hate filled pals?
Even 5 or 6 stewards would be hesitant doing that.
They aren't night club bouncers.
I'd like to think they were able to get a message to the police box so that cameras can be aimed on the culprits so they can be nabbed at a later time.
I suspect even the police would be reluctant to go in up there and take one lad out - and that would be the same for fans from any club not just the Scousers. It's too risky to do that up there (which yes begs the question why put them up there).
Whatever happened to Police filming away fans? I’ve been filmed by Police at a few away grounds. St James’ Park once, they were pointing the camera in my direction for ages, even my mates were laughing at me… I wasn’t even doing owt.

City did that to a feeble extent. They put netting on the first few rows.(so the Scousers could put their silly banners on them, rather than hanging them from the front of the stand) And a couple of stewards were stood at the bottom of the tier. I would assume most of the objects were thrown further back from the stand.

Looks like a case of not enough security to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.