Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Whatever happened to Police filming away fans? I’ve been filmed by Police at a few away grounds. St James’ Park once, they were pointing the camera in my direction for ages, even my mates were laughing at me… I wasn’t even doing owt.

I remember going Roker Park for a night match `89, and the coppers were filming and taking everyone`s picture as you were going through the turnstile.

Maybe the CEO of Liverpool FC knows something we don't then...

The clubs will provide a statement that to avoid any more trouble at the Etihad & Anfield all future games between the 2 will now be played overseas.

Saudi, Shanghai & Las Vegas have all shown an interest in bidding.

They're quicker to name a terrorist as a Muslim than they are a football hooligan a Liverpool fan.

The issue with this whole joint statement is that it actually acts as justification for the worst elements of the scouse fans and their apologists. Both sets of fans have been guilty of being knobheads at times. For one set, it's mainly been unsavoury chants and a few bits of graffiti. For the other set, it's been repeated acts of violence from numerous members of the crowd. But they're both portrayed as equivalent issues, and you see them on Twitter, using the fact that City fans were chanting something as justification for violence.

It wasn't even the perceived Hillsborough chants this time, it was feed the scousers. And yeah it's in bad taste in the middle of a cost of living crisis, but the crowd tonight were chanting "Jimmy Savile, he's fingered your mum" on live TV and you didn't see Leeds fans reacting with violence. That's far worse taste.

You have evidence that we did that graffiti ?

Chanting nasty things isn’t just Manchester City supporters and has been going on for donkeys years by all clubs fans ….. it’s what football fans do.

We have the same situation up here in Glasgow. Any violence perpetrated by Celtic fans is always described as ' football fans ' in the media. They are not allowed to mention Celtic at all, because it's not yet been proved in court.
The most shameful incident occurred when a 10 year old Rangers fan was hit over the head with a bottle thrown by a Celtic fan at close range outside Hampden park. He required hospital treatment but the media could only go as far as mentioning the assailant was ' a man dressed in green ' without incurring the wrath of Celtic.
Liverpool seem to have learned every single tactic of denial and deflection from them. Including playing the ' victim ' card at all times. The similarities between the two sets of clubs and supporters are uncanny.
We had a child hit in the face with a broken bit of brick/stone when Celtic came to our place in a pre-season friendly once. They also ripped out a load of seats in the South Stand.

I don’t think a fucking thing came of it.

They only got a £16,000 fine for 45 minutes of pro-IRA chanting when they came in the Champions League n’all. To put that into perspective, City were fined £25,000 for coming out for the second half one minute late in a Champions League game once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.