Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I’ve no idea why but you see it all the time in the Evening News, that the police suddenly release CCTV images and appeal for information, months and months after the event. Even best part of a year sometimes.

I’m assuming there must be a reason, although I can’t think of one that makes a whole lot of sense.

The fact that there aren't any police to spend the time looking through CCTV footage and then there aren't any people willing to bother taking the time to give them information?

The fact that there aren't any police to spend the time looking through CCTV footage and then there aren't any people willing to bother taking the time to give them information?
They manage to get a photofit on Crime Watch 8 months after a murder, they will do next to nothing for a cut head unless it fell into their lap. Not a priority.

One day with the right motivation

Quite. Just trying to settle the seven week discussion diplomatically.

So I suppose the next questions are how long would it take to put a name to the image and make an arrest, or, if they couldn't, how much longer to publish the image asking for assistance with identification?

I’ve no idea why but you see it all the time in the Evening News, that the police suddenly release CCTV images and appeal for information, months and months after the event. Even best part of a year sometimes.

I’m assuming there must be a reason, although I can’t think of one that makes a whole lot of sense.

I suppose they release an image to the public when all other channels of investigation have been exhausted. For most cases, I can imagine an under-resourced department could take months to follow up multiple leads to their conclusions. For this specific case, though, I get the impression it should be pretty easy, and quick.

Who knows? Maybe they have identified the guy so they don't need to release an image. Not holding my breath though, in all honesty.

It was a parody, as in a joke or piss take.

No one took it seriously bar complete idiots, but there were more than expected.
Lol - I was totally taken in - can I change my username to Complete Idiot?

If you remember that lad that got done recently for making monkey gestures, I was told that people had spent many many hours looking at footage of him as they were determined to get a conviction, which they did. So my two penny worth is if there's a will there's a way, but if it is a half hearted investigation they won't get a conviction. Also the person caught on camera throwing something onto people below surely that is an offence in itself and there must be clearer images of him that the one from a phone camera shown on here. So I suppose we will just have to wait.;-)

And resources, yes. One day should do it, given the relatively narrow parameters.
True mate re resources etc.

I’m guessing the Dad and daughter have been offered free season cards in tue Tunnel Club and the case will drag on. The Dad will definitely want the culprit prosecuted. I’m just saying what City might offer in the meantime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.