Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Maybe the club and his family are in contact and he's happy (relatively speaking) with what's happening. Has he said anything recently on social media?
I’d be surprised if they aren’t in contact. I don’t do social media, so no idea but the quotes posted above, while supportive of the club and police, could be seen as carefully worded. He wants something done.

The footage I have seen showed a dipper fan throwing things into the tier below but I do not think it can nail him as the one that threw the glass that injured the young girl. I am encouraged by the statement from the girl's father about how the club and GMP are handling this matter. The guy seems sensible and not the type to be bought off.

What happened to the "It was a collection for the coach driver which accidently fell and the person doing it reported the incident to a steward"? - did this actually happen or was it a scouse-washing fantasy?

Scouse washing fantasy.

If you have a whip round for a coach driver you do it on the coach where all the passengers can chip in. Nobody would ever do it in the stadium as an advance activity to be undertaken while watching a major football game.

PS. Do they wash?

Scouse washing fantasy.

If you have a whip round for a coach driver you do it on the coach where all the passengers can chip in. Nobody would ever do it in the stadium as an advance activity to be undertaken while watching a major football game.

PS. Do they wash?
Totally agree but this was the excuse that was trotted out soon after the incident and, I think, was reported by some media outlets. The source needs to be identified and discredited.

The footage I have seen showed a dipper fan throwing things into the tier below but I do not think it can nail him as the one that threw the glass that injured the young girl. I am encouraged by the statement from the girl's father about how the club and GMP are handling this matter. The guy seems sensible and not the type to be bought off.

What happened to the "It was a collection for the coach driver which accidently fell and the person doing it reported the incident to a steward"? - did this actually happen or was it a scouse-washing fantasy?
That’s what I thought. He’s supportive of the process but there may come a time he isn’t.

As for the driver collection, I have no idea of the veracity of that story but could take a wild guess. It’s important that all the claims are taken into account though or there’ll be sackcloth and ashes on Merseyside and no doubt a social media campaign to free the tuppence ha’penny one.

Simple fact is that if they were able to identify the City fan who did this: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/moment-madness-landed-city-fan-13694742
then they can just as easily identify the Liverpool fan who chucked that pint pot full of coins. As you say, they know pretty much exactly where it was lobbed from in the away section. If there's CCTV footage of the offender throwing it, they'll have the row and seat number. Liverpool FC will be able to advise who that ticket was sold to. Granted, there may be caveats here - fans don't necessarily always sit/stand in the seat they're allocated (often I'll move around a stand at both home and away games and stand with my mates), or the ticket might have been passed on to someone else to use (in that case, the original purchaser needs to be reprimanded if they can't find the offender).
Hence why I deployed the word suspect, not culprit.

I suspect this approach is fueling, not dampening the situation.

I had an ultimately futile (surprise surprise) back and forth on email with the club about this very thing. Their responses read like either (a) they don't understand their own fans or for that matter any football fans or (b) they do understand but consider it more important to show a united front with their fellow business (LFC) rather than address the problem effectively.

I actually think it's a mixture of the two. As traditional fans become an increasingly irrelevant part of the business model there is neither the appetite or comprehension to engage with them. If trouble continued/escalted I have no doubt they'd throw our fans under the bus because their assumption is they can easily change the conditions of entry and continue to change the type of people attending and still make the business model work.

Last edited:
I had an ultimately futile (surprise surprise) back and forth on email with the club about this very thing. Their responses read like either (a) they don't understand their own fans or for that matter any football fans or (b) they do understand but consider it more important to show a united front with their fellow business (LFC) rather than address the problem effectively.

I actually think it's a mixture of the two. As traditional fans become an increasingly irrelevant part of the business model there is neither the appetite or comprehension to engage with them. If trouble continued/escalted I have no doubt they'd throw our fans under the bus because their assumption is they can easily change the conditions of entry and the type of people attending and still make the business model work.

That is worrying.

The LFC cult and media really do manage to deflect the criticism their behaviour truly deserves with no signs of anybody having the bollocks to call them out.

Do you think that the police are going to tell you how they are progressing, everything must be kept from the public or they might as well send the culprit, if known, a letter saying be in at 3 o'clock friday we want a word with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.