PLD PTS
1 Chelsea 26 58
2 Manchester United 26 57
3 Arsenal 26 52
4 Manchester City 25 45
5 Liverpool 25 44
6 Tottenham Hotspur 26 43
7 Aston Villa 25 42
Where does this rubbish come from? Don't we have a game in hand over Liverpool or am I dreaming?

lionheart said:
scotty said:
PLD PTS
1 Chelsea 26 58
2 Manchester United 26 57
3 Arsenal 26 52
4 Manchester City 25 45
5 Liverpool 26 44
6 Tottenham Hotspur 26 43
7 Aston Villa 25 42
Where does this rubbish come from? Don't we have a game in hand over Liverpool or am I dreaming?

Typing error Baffoon

I think its a must not lose rather than a must win. A 6 pointer.

I think we'll have a cracking atmosphere for this one.

SamTheGuru said:
I would say it is pretty much a must win. The Stoke game wasn't however, this game is.

I agree - we need a big performance on Sunday from the players and show the teams around us that we mean business!!

CTID

As so many people think we need to be in the chumps league, then this is a must win and if we are to win then it will make the point at stoke a good point. I just want a trophy

If we win on Sunday it puts us in a very strong position, 4 points ahead of Liverpool with a game in hand. That essentially means we can lose to Everton in our game in hand AND lose another game yet still be 1 point clear of Liverpool, it doesn't guarantee we finish above them, but it makes us strong favourites to do so.

We don't need to win, however. In fact defeat wouldn't be a total disaster, victory in our game in hand would still see us ahead of Liverpool. Personally I see this game as a "must not lose", not mathematically accurate as mentioned above, however in order to keep the pressure off the squad, and to keep it on the Liverpool team, a point would suffice.

I reckon as far as the league table is concerned it is more of a must not lose than must win but for confidence and general atmosphere around the club (amongst other things) we need a really decent performance to go with that minimum of a draw. If we do get a proper decent performance, I think we'd beat them though to be honest, they aren't particularly good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.