Liverpool (H) - Carabao Cup 4th Round - Thu 22nd Dec, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve beaten us in the 2012 EFL Cup semifinals, they knocked us out of the 2017-18 Champions League quarter finals, they beat us at their place in the 2019-20 season when they won the league (had we won that day we’d have been three points behind them and right in the title race, the defeat pretty much lost us the title), they beat us in the FA Cup semifinal last season and they beat us in the Community Shield in the Summer.
We have a complex when we play this lot, always produce a defensive bollock and fail to take the chances we create.

Unless I'm missing something?

Liverpool and Manchester City met in European competition for the first time in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, where Liverpool won 5–1 on aggregate.

They didn’t go on and win the champs league that season! Like I said spurs beat us the year Liverpool won the champs league..

They’ve beaten us in the 2012 EFL Cup semifinals, they knocked us out of the 2017-18 Champions League quarter finals, they beat us at their place in the 2019-20 season when they won the league (had we won that day we’d have been three points behind them and right in the title race, the defeat pretty much lost us the title), they beat us in the FA Cup semifinal last season and they beat us in the Community Shield in the Summer.

So two cups they won after beating us a League cup and a fa cup

Assuming those who arrived yesterday won't start:

Ortega Moreno
Akanji Laporte Ake Gomez
De Bruyne Rodri Gundogan
Mahrez Haaland Palmer

Would like Lewis to get minutes but I doubt Pep puts him up against Robertson and Nunez, especially with Mahrez in front of him.

Palmer on the left isn't ideal but he can tuck in when Gomez overlaps.
I actually think Pep would be more comfortable playing Rico Lewis than he would Gomez. More likely to be Ake at left back with Laporte, Akanji and Lewis completing the back 4, imo. Lewis’ start to life at City has been at a higher level than Gomez’s.

We have a complex when we play this lot, always produce a defensive bollock and fail to take the chances we create.

Haaland will put that at ease. He missed a big chance at Anfield and no doubt that’ll be playing on his mind. He’ll be determined to score and he’s a big game player (derby), scorer of important goals.

Interested to see if the English lot play tonight. I hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.