Liverpool (H) - Carabao Cup 4th Round - Thu 22nd Dec, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this travelling squad is true, then it's weaker than I expected. I assumed that the likes of Matip, Firmino, Alexander-Arnold etc would all be involved. They can still cobble together a decent XI out of that, but it would explain why the odds have swung further in our favour with the bookies I guess. Wouldn't surprise me if that's not a definitive list though.

One of the replies, would take the original tweet with a pinch of salt (but hopefully it's right obviously)

Matip in the pictures i've seen outside the Hyatt Hotel... none of Firmino, or TAA.... still, they're gonna put out a strong line up

No VAR tonight. Guarantee Nunez or Salah get an offside goal!
Yep. One of those extremely rare occasions where I've put us down for a loss. I hope they prove me wrong, but I just think that with all the players we had away at the WC (16 against 7 for them), it might take a bit of time to get back into gear. But I wouldn't mind betting it's tight and swings on a dodgy decision.

Or a penalty for an obvious dive? Penalty when the foul occurred outside the box? Goal from a move started by Robertson scything down a blue shirted hero that goes unpunished?

The possibilities are endless.
Oh, don't. I'm getting depressed already.

No VAR tonight. Guarantee Nunez or Salah get an offside goal!
Something I never understand - like VAR or not, I don't see a reason for it not to be used just because some other grounds in the competition may not be able to accommodate it. Ordinarily the same for both teams, with or without it but, as you suggest, there are some exceptions where, to paraphrase Orwell, 'some teams are more equal than others'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.