Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Can’t fault the first half, first twenty minutes we were superb, got a goal and had them on the ropes, they weathered the storm and for the last twenty we lost momentum a bit but was still unlucky with a few chances and decisions.

Second half was a repeat of the united second half and the anfield game, a complete lack of intensity from us which then allowed them the time and space to hit us and get the crucial goals. We Rarely threatened the goal and seemed to just pass for the sake of it. Very reminiscent of the slump period of last season.

When you look at the bigger picture we just got beat 5-1 by what is widely accepted to be a vastly inferior side man for man, that’s unacceptable.

Pep had to take blame for that. You don’t keep on doing the same thing over and over when it’s been proven to not work he has to be adaptable enough to find ways around it.

Klopp’s clearly got his number and whilst you can say they’re a one off in terms of being perfectly suited to counter us you can guarantee others will try and replicate it in the future, and even if none successfully do, you can’t allow another team to have you completely sussed out to that extent. you can’t rely on not having to play them as there’s a high probability we will in at least one cup competition.

This week as a whole has been an absolute disaster. It could not have been any worse and has really soiled what could and should be a memorable season. Sadly, rightly or wrongly in years to come this season will be remembered for this week and not the 9 months of football before it.

Bernie is fast becoming my fav player, his control of the ball is amazing and he gets better every game. Should have stayed on.

We really should've been playing that much better for these stupid decisions to not mean anything. The fact we're debating so much about bad calls means that we just weren't good enough to keep our fate in our hands.
We were playing the second best team in the league and one of the best in Europe.

At half time today, there was a 3-goal swing caused by the Refs, otherwise we should have been in command.

At this level, we were not going to win 10-0, and its about fine margins.

Yeah we have our weaknesses so do they though which was my point... it flatters them is all ,the way it's being told.
Roma have just turned around a big deficit against Barcelona, we crumbled, we were 2 0 up in 45 minutes against the scum they got 3 in 45, we couldn't even manage 2 goals tonight and lost both legs, we now travel to spurs at weekend with 3 defeats on the bounce, how do you think the players mindset will be now

This will piss a lot of people off in here but here’s my view
1 . Sterling is vastly overrated. When you look at most if his goals they were tap ins. Think he has had the season if his life and will not repeat it. should have buried Utd on Saturday.
2.jesus is no aguero either . Same again misses way to many for my liking. Not good enough to lead the line on his own.3 Otamendi has had a good season but this last week he has totally gone to shit and I doubt whether he will be able to pull it back again. 4 kompany is in my eyes now a fourth choice defender for us . We need to really strengthen in the summer because I can’t see this team defending the title next season

1. Sterling is not overrated. He's a good young english player who tried like fuck tonight and has the ability to be a gamechanger.
2. Jesus is no aguero. He's different. He's 20 years old...lets give him some time.
3. Otamendi needs Stones next to him.
4. Kompany is 3rd choice, I'd have him over Laporte but it's open to debate.

Strange game.

We put in arguably our performance of the season in the first half, yet we were eerily passive and uninspired in the second. I can only assume we were exhausted after a scintillating first half display.

We seem to have rediscovered our great talent of conceding every single time our opponents conjure up an attack.

I don’t know what’s happen to Ederson. He must have borrowed Bravo’s gloves.

31 shots and only 3 on target by City

Liverpool whereas had 13 shots and 7 on target over the course of 2 legs.

That's the difference. Chuck in some headless displays by certain individuals and no wonder we're out.

Not suprised David Silva was taken off. He hasnt looked himself these last few games. Not many options to rest him with Fern suspended for Spurs. Would like to see maybe Delph in the midfield with KDB dropping a little deeper.

We need to keep a clean sheet soon, and rediscover a bit of swagger.

So we move onto the Kane team, after being beat by the Salah team, our guys will be knackered playing 4 games in 10 days by next saturday, while Spurs have only played twice over the same timescale. Going be tough, but let's get behind the team - 2 wins for the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.