Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

You can moan about bent refs all day long, but it has to be said Liverpool were better than us over both legs, they took their chances, we didn't.

Five goals don't lie....poor defending.
One of which was offside, and another when the game was dead and the city players deflated.

So, we really cinceded 3 upto the hour mark today.
Roma and Barca conceded 4 each, does that mean they are both crap?

We were playing the second best team in the league and one of the best in Europe.

At half time today, there was a 3-goal swing caused by the Refs, otherwise we should have been in command.

At this level, we were not going to win 10-0, and its about fine margins.

Good to know that some people see it

This type of game is what it really feels like to be a city fan. I can't believe we have not gone through tonight watching that first half performance, you could say the same for Saturday as well. Pep needs to earn his money now and pick up the players for spurs.

Fed up of all this rubbish about us not having shots on goal or enough goals from all the possession. Last Wednesday should have been 2-1 to Liverpool. Saturday should have been 3-3 at least. Tonight should have been 2-0 at half time which may have been enough. Correct decisions could have made for a very different week.

Defence is a concern though, I concede that.

Strange game.

We put in arguably our performance of the season in the first half, yet we were eerily passive and uninspired in the second. I can only assume we were exhausted after a scintillating first half display.

We seem to have rediscovered our great talent of conceding every single time our opponents conjure up an attack.

I don’t know what’s happen to Ederson. He must have borrowed Bravo’s gloves.
Saturday's game all over again

Leroy should have run at the fullback once he'd been booked but he let him off the hook

He can't because he can't take people on outside. Or at least he doesn't have the confidence to. He looks incredible coming inside. Next year....it'll be different.

Every single one of them on the pitch worked their absolute arses off and unfortunately ran out of steam.

I thought Sterling was brilliant, always trying to run at them and take them on... i feel like Sane should have done more against Alexander Arnold once he was booked.

Looking forward to seeing Laporte and Stones together.

Bad time for repeatedly poor 45 mins.
First half, Anfield. Last two second halves at Etihad.
Looks like the lads, or at least some of them, are knackered.

Bad time for the worst run of results in years.

Time to regroup and get back to basics.

31 shots and only 3 on target by City

Liverpool whereas had 13 shots and 7 on target over the course of 2 legs.

That's the difference. Chuck in some headless displays by certain individuals and no wonder we're out.

It really isn't. In the big games they are decided by small margins, like 2 good goals disallowed and a penalty not given. Maybe even a goal for the opposition that should have been ruled out.
If you think FOUR decisions going against don't count I give up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.