Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

The pen was milner handballing it off a Bernardo shot and the ball bouncing back of Milners arm into Bernardos arm and Bernardo getting booked for intentional handball....and if you think that that's ridiculous...well it is... and it happened...and you can understand people's frustrations here when shit like this happens.
Bernado never got booked for handball, he got booked for mouthing it to the ref, because it hit milners hand no handball given, it hit his hand and handball was given

Positives - Bernardo Silva showing he has both heart and ability. Excellent first half and we should have gone in at least 2-0 which would have changed the entire leg. Laporte looked composed with the ball at his feet. Kev as usual tried and ran himself into the ground. Fernandinho showed his usual passion.

Negatives - David once again failed to open up a deep defence and his final ball was not so good, he looked as if the past few months have understandably caught up with him. Otamendi needs a break and as mad loaf eluded to, Stones is better equipped for stopping the press plus he is the future. The ref was more interested in making the story about him and some of his decisions were simply awful. We have stopped playing the ball so quickly that it gave Milner and Ox time to close down more effectively.

The future - I believe we are only a dynamic striker and a full season of a fit Mendy away from reaching the final next year. Also we may need to look at long term replacements for David and Ferna - perhaps Bernardo is ready for one of those roles and should have an amazing year next season. Overall disappointed but not depressed, we are still streets ahead of Liverpool over a 38 game league and without Salah they are fairly inconsistent. Plus they have the shittiest fans of all.

Or Milners handball which stops a goal bound shot and yes, it would have been harsh but had it been the other way you can guarantee it would have been given.
Yeah....not having that tbh, he was stood about a yard away from what I can remember.

I think you'd better take a reality check. Over two legs Liverpool had a goal which began with a pass to an offside player allowed then we had a legitimate goal disallowed and then a clear penalty turned down. A 2-1 defeat rather than 3-0 would have given the tie a completely different complexion especially as the act of riot and civil disorder as we travelled to the ground is supposed not to have affected our performance. Then, of course, there's the perfectly good goal which was disallowed just before half time tonight. And shall we mention the onside goal ruled out for offside in the second half? Name a team which would win a two legged tie in which they have had three good goals ruled out and a clear penalty turned down while their opponent has had an offside goal awarded. Our fate was never in our hands. We're just fortunate there's no agenda.
I'm not saying they were awful decisions and didn't have an impact. They fucked us going into today and gave us a much harder challenge than it should've been. There were probably more bad calls tonight than there were in the first leg with the offside call and a couple penalties. What I'm just saying about playing better (didn't really word it correctly, is that we needed to be more clinical up front and not as shaky when they run at us. Had the right decisions been made, even tonight, it would be 2-1 to the home team in both legs. Meaning, we should still fucking be playing in extra time right now.

It's an awful situation to be in because even if we do what we have to do, we may still be fucked by whoever deems us unworthy to advance.

Bernado never got booked for handball, he got booked for mouthing it to the ref, because it hit milners hand no handball given, it hit his hand and handball was given

Aah, I wondered why he got booked. Either way, I don't think it was the right decision!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.