Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

No the surrender monkeys appeared in the second half against the rags. Were still going to win the league and delighted about that.

Surrenders monkeys after a few poor results. Chips are down but thanks fit your fantastic support.

Otamendi Isn’t the defender to lead the back line, to rash and doesn’t have the football intelligence. Plays with his heart but makes me nervous.

Felt B Silva was one of the best on the pitch is the first half. Can’t wait to see him next season. With Sané developing as well plus the talents we already have that is an exciting midfield which is only getting better.

We are lacking a clinical goal scorer. Sergio is a legend and always will be but as he gets older and injuries take their toll he won’t be what he was. We need someone to take that pressure off him - I don’t see Jesus as the answer.

And who do the powers that be need to speak to about paying off the refs because that seems to be our biggest fucking weakness!

I'm gonna get fucking blasted here - Dinho looks knackered and jaded right now. This is why we need to get Fred next year to take the pressure off him. (Puts on helmet and riot gear)

He's getting a two game rest, agree we need reinforcement in his position, as we do in others, cheque book coming out again this summer

Sterling had an outstanding game. Worked hard, made our goal, stopped multiple counterattacks. Well done, lad!

Sané, who is clearly the superior ball player of the two, needs to watch that and learn that precocious skill isn’t an end game.

Jesus worked hard, but looks lost when up against big defenders and the ball doesn’t get played in behind them.

David Silva looks a shell of his early season self. Lad has much on his mind, and no Spring chicken anymore. Brilliant player who has lost his shine in the last few months. Understandable, if frustrating timing.

Bernardo Silva: Outstanding outlet, who worked his socks off and almost scored an excellent goal...the width of the post.

Otamendi: Solid, until he lost his mind. Has reverted back to “Bad Nico” a few times recently. Needs to regroup.

Walker: No football brain and loses composure with pressure, because he knows he is technically the weakest player in the team.

Laporte: Solid, assured, looks the real deal. A real player who should compliment Mendy very well down our left....one day!

KDB & Fernandinho: Been carrying this team on their backs for months. Can’t do it all game, every game.

Ederson: Understand he was angry at challenge on Ota, esp after same player laid him out earlier in the season, but he could easily have been sent off by a Euro ref for repeatedly raising his hands. Needs to concentrate on other areas of his game. If he could have gathered in the ball on Mane’s run, we would still have been in the game. Wouldn’t swap him for anyone, but needs to refocus.

Really thought this was our year before the LFC games
The fates seem to conspire against us, beginning with driving into a virtual war zone at Klanfield
Salah goal offside, Pep fucking about with the team, good goal tonight disallowed, Otamendi fucked up twice
Oh well next year .....maybe.
Im sure big questions will be asked by the Arabs after this.

Do wonder that if Pep,Txiki and Soriano had actually been on that coach that we would have still played?

The ref fucked us tonight, end of.

The decision to play 0 seconds of added time at the end of the first half I think tipped every blue in the ground over the edge including the players, and that was when the tie was lost.

For the record, I think the previous two defeats were our own doing.

I'm gonna get fucking blasted here - Dinho looks knackered and jaded right now. This is why we need to get Fred next year to take the pressure off him. (Puts on helmet and riot gear)
No argument. He’s heroically put in shift after shift in a position we have no real cover for. A world class DM signing is a must.

It really isn't. In the big games they are decided by small margins, like 2 good goals disallowed and a penalty not given. Maybe even a goal for the opposition that should have been ruled out.
If you think FOUR decisions going against don't count I give up.
There will always be contentious decisions over the course of 2 legs.

A 10 per cent shot to goal ratio compared to a 50 per cent goal ratio is a poor return IMO

Yes I agree the way we get officiated is nothing short of cheating. If we converted more of our chances we wouldn't need the officials to assist the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.