Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I cannot praise the team. Saidbefore the game we have to win even 2-0, 3-1 is not enough but win it for our pride. To show we have been in the tie at least vs a Liverpool side.

We havent, referee sucked yes, but second half once again we gave up, defence collapsed AGAIN 3 times in 3 big games now, hardly tested Karius from 45-90. minutes. Pep up in the stands because he couldnt control himself. Not much helpful.

CL is a big fat disappointment for me year in year out.

Roma going to semis with Liverpool, I hope our answer wont be that we need to spend more money. Its not better players for sure.

For Pep personally it will be a nightmare. He used to arrive to the semis every year then he comes to City and doesnt even get close to a semi.

Our players are looking exhausted and our second half displays are showing this.

Proud of the boys let’s just wrap this league up and enjoy a summer break and come back with s fully fit squad hopefully.

Great first half atmosphere too

CTID

It's like talking to brick wall with some on here they refuse to see it for fear of being taken the piss out of... like were just grasping at straws, the mature thing to do is clearly to dig Pep out and expect the players to rise again and again to the 12 man challenge.
Decisions have gone our way, don't notice many on here crying after we beat Everton in league cup semi at the etihad, when the ball was clearly run out of play before crossing and scoring a game changing goal, we have had our share of luck, thing is people only remember the decisions against us

UEFA have already stated they will not use VAR in next season's CL. Why waste time playing for something that is so evidently corrupt? Make the statement and embarrass UEFA.
They’re cheating bastards. There’s a reason they’ve made VAR look like a joke from the start, it’s because they want the fans to say “fucj it we don’t like it” so they can carry on with their cheating. Too much money involved for these fuckers to play fair. Games like this show exactly why we need VAR. not saying we would have won with it but we were denied a realistic fair chance at winning.

There will always be contentious decisions over the course of 2 legs.

A 10 per cent shot to goal ratio compared to a 50 per cent goal ratio is a poor return IMO

Yes I agree the way we get officiated is nothing short of cheating. If we converted more of our chances we wouldn't need the officials to assist the opposition.

Like I said big games need the right decisions. You can get away with it against most inferior teams but in the tight games you need fair decision nor bent ones.

Last edited:
Other think how many shot on target our opponents had that ended up as a goal? I mean Liverpool away, United home, Liverpool..

3 games, opponents had maybe 10-12 shot on targets with 8 of them goals. That is unbelievable and says a lot about the defence under pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.