Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

We are lacking a clinical goal scorer. Sergio is a legend and always will be but as he gets older and injuries take their toll he won’t be what he was. We need someone to take that pressure off him - I don’t see Jesus as the answer.

JESUS IS 21 YEARS OLD!!!! And he's not had a consistent run in the team due to injuries. He's the future no doubt about it.

Fully agree with you, but the fact remains they scored five.

Our defence just isn't world class, but our attack is.

Roma went through after conceding 4.

They got a pen that was originally turned down by the ref but given by the assistant. That’s the fine margins.

I'm gonna get fucking blasted here - Dinho looks knackered and jaded right now. This is why we need to get Fred next year to take the pressure off him. (Puts on helmet and riot gear)

Good ball for our goal, though.

The midfield trio has looked tired in the last three games. Then again, they've been called upon far too often in games this seaosn, and we'll need more than just Fred to give the midfield a lift next season.

It really isn't. In the big games they are decided by small margins, like 2 good goals disallowed and a penalty not given. Maybe even a goal for the opposition that should have been ruled out.
If you think FOUR decisions going against don't count I give up.

Good points mate but I think what gets me is that all this blaming of the refs, seem to take the focus away from the real issues in the team. We all want to blame the refs for our poor performance in the last 3 games, when we should be looking at the lack of "steel" when things started to go wrong in the biggest games of the season. I dont think anyone can argue the refs seem against us but the errors, misses, poor 2nd half play that has happened in the last 3weeks, should be something we are all concerned about..I'm fed up and frustrated by the refs just like most on here but I'm more frustrated by the clear issues the team is having at the moment...

Ok, I'm not gonna argue, you watch city as much as me mate, I don't think he's great at going naturally to his left, away from the goal - maybe it's something I've focused on and I'm bias, but for me he's much much happier cutting inside.
Ok we'll agree to disagree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.