Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I’m not blaming Aguero mate he’s still great and I love him complete legend. I’m just stating that Pep seems to prefer Jesus in the big games but maybe like you said it was down to not being fit tonight.

I still believe we’re not as clinical as the other elite European clubs - not saying that’s Agueros fault!
Fitness was definitely the issue these last few games with Aguero and sadly Jesus has shown he’s a long way to go before he’s ready to step up in the way that’s required for us to be elite.

we seemed to lose steam second half Saturday and today. If we're serious about the CL we need to prioritize it over domestic cups. Our top players have played a lot of games and it looks like when the heat is on they haven't the stamina to perform as they can. I'm glad we won the league cup this season cos it was important for Pep to get his first trophy but next season I'd keep the main guys out of that comp.

How can anyone not think we’ll win the league if we play like we did in the first half in the rest of our games!?!

We’ll murder them all... maybe even Spurs who will have one eye on the fa cup

First half the dippers didn't have a sniff, we had complete control and should have been more clinical with our final ball. Bad decisions meant we had to commit men forward in the second half, we got caught out and the game slipped away from us. The worst thing about the aggregate score is that for three quarters of the tie we were in charge, but failed to convert our possession into goals. It's disappointing, but they never stopped and gave their all. The dippers just seem to have our number pretty much like the rags did with them in their heyday. They're by no means a great side, they're just organised, determined and raise their game when they play us. The only thing I've gleaned from the last three games are that we need a Fabinho type player to mix it up and we need a natural leader at the back to organise and marshall the back four. It's not all doom and gloom, we've had a fine season thats been dampened by a bad week.

not as bothered about this one as saturday. that killed me. we weren't expected to go through anyway. proud of our team

Mancini never got out the group stage, lol.
Judging success on the group stages of Europe is flawed seeing as you are only talking about 6 games and also forgets the fact we where playing against the system as a lower seeded team and both Mancini years we where blown out of the water by really strong 4th seeds Napoli the first year when we didn't go through with 10 points which is almost unheard of and the second year when Dortmund got to the final as the 4th seed in our group.

Jesus is the future. Fitness, run of games. He's 21.
Aguero has been awesome, again when he's got fitness - it's always been the same with him. 21 in 25 is world class and everything he's done in the past, we know he's world class. He's top 10. That's enough, we can't have dybala, kane, neymar...aguero is on that level and that'll do for me.

Fair enough - maybe it’s a case of getting one more in to support him. Sterling and Sane have been great too and chipped in with goals I’m not disputing that - like you say can’t have everything and Ronaldo/Messi are anomalies but I firmly believe that for all our goals we still lack a clinical edge. Maybe it’s the age of our forwards like you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.