Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Over my head now. After Weeks and Weeks of the same mantra, you get immune to it.

It's simple. Liverpool where better and more clinical in front of goal over the 2 games.
Not just more clinical in front of goal, but defensively they were superb. Pep needs to take note on why Klopp keeps beating him. When we attacked they always had two lines of defence within their box contesting the space. A bank of 4 and a bank of 3. They were willing to give up the space outside the box and to let us shoot from 20-30 yards. And yet still bold enough to leave three very quick forwards upfront for a break. Master craftsman play from Klopp. We can all go on about our lovely to watch possession football but it’s no good if it’s not backed up by a cast iron defence. And right now In these last three games ours has been shite. Why Otto has not been dropped I’ll never know. Of course the reffing descisions in all three games has cost us dearly but that doesn’t mask the fact that a lot of our players look dead on their feet.

I was lucky enough to be in the tunnel club and talk about bizarre decisions. The pre match ex player they had in there to interview before the game was Bruce grobbelar.

What the fuck is that about?

On an evening of erratic performing from a key individual and the stench of corruption hanging heavy in the air, I'd say he was an inspired choice.

Fucked over yet again by the refs.
Utterly proud to the last cell in my body of the boys last night. It was a dead rubber and they gave it everything.
Over two legs we had two good goals chalked off. Liverpool got one they shouldn't and we never got a pen . Also tonight mane should have gone for two yellows.......you can't win in those circumstances.

I never want to hear a blue moan VAR will ruin football........get it in. We will benefit far , far far more than most.

Proud of the lads....just the double eh,........THANK YOU.

Monaco did last season
The goals we conceded against Monaco at home last season and Liverpool away last week were shocking, Pep has to really get a couple of defensive midfielders in and tighten up
for this following champions league campaign, or else were fcked.

I was referring to the season as a whole, I think we have had some shocking decisions and personally can't thing of any that went our way but I usually have my blue spectacles on.

I am still seething about past incidents:
  • Atkinson adding time to time added on at the Swamp
  • Clattenburg giving penalty against Sterling when the ball hit him on the back outside the area
  • Taylor going to his back pocket for the red card then changing his mond against Chelsea and his failure to punish Fabregas in the same game.
  • Tackles by Deli Ali and Kane that only received yellows.
Plus numerous others including those in the last three matches.

Other teams must feel we have got away with things, but I am struggling to remember them.

The media never highlight all these decisions and seem to just accept them as the rub of the green, they never fight our corner.
Don’t forget Delph at Wigan

Ref's fucked us.

But can't believe Pep fucked off the derby for that tonight.

Shit week and could get worse with Spurs next.

My thoughts exactly. After last Wednesday last night was a pipe dream.

Pep and everyone else in that backroom wasted an opportunity that most connected with the club knew was more important. Beating the rags to win the league.

That will never happen again.

I have supported Pep and the owners but that is the first time I have had reason to really question them.

The champs league is never going to be win by City. We will not be allowed to.

Still a bit bruised after that shite refereeing last night. On that note there is an enlightening article on Eurosport arguing that the Spanish ref had plenty of history with Pep, and how he was a very effective 12th man for Liverpool.

Don't forget we have probably surpassed Pep's expectations this season. Last night we had a front 3 comprised of young guys in their early 20's. For much of the season we have had these youngsters plus Kun. Overall they have done a magnificent job this season, and every City should be proud of that fact.

we lost cos we were worse than Liverpool over 2 legs.

Sorry that is all there is to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.