Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

We’ve had some shocking decisions recently, but the one that really got me last night was blowing for HT dead on 45.

I’m maybe prepared to give the ref the benefit of the doubt, maybe, on the sane goal, as not many saw it came off milner first time. This is why we need VAR. But no injury time. It’s blatant. We were on the up. Maybe chance to pinch another to completely change the game. Nope. Ref gets them in safely at just 1 down. There was a goal. Couple of stoppages. Liverpool wasting time.

We’ve had some shocking decisions recently, but the one that really got me last night was blowing for HT dead on 45.

I’m maybe prepared to give the ref the benefit of the doubt, maybe, on the sane goal, as not many saw it came off milner first time. This is why we need VAR. But no injury time. It’s blatant. We were on the up. Maybe chance to pinch another to completely change the game. Nope. Ref gets them in safely at just 1 down. There was a goal. Couple of stoppages. Liverpool wasting time.
All I can think is the 4th official was so busy with Pep and the coaching staff about the goal he didn’t have time to raise the board?!?! But that is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt. :-/

Best 45 minute display of the season.

Incredible technical capacity and energy levels.

We deserved much more than we got from that first half which showed the huge gulf.

That other goal would have raised the energy levels just when we needed them.

Out on our feet after 55 minutes.

I assume you watched the last 3 games? Call out a decision that went in our favour.
I was referring to the season as a whole, I think we have had some shocking decisions and personally can't thing of any that went our way but I usually have my blue spectacles on.

I am still seething about past incidents:
  • Atkinson adding time to time added on at the Swamp
  • Clattenburg giving penalty against Sterling when the ball hit him on the back outside the area
  • Taylor going to his back pocket for the red card then changing his mond against Chelsea and his failure to punish Fabregas in the same game.
  • Tackles by Deli Ali and Kane that only received yellows.
Plus numerous others including those in the last three matches.

Other teams must feel we have got away with things, but I am struggling to remember them.

The media never highlight all these decisions and seem to just accept them as the rub of the green, they never fight our corner.

Amazing first half. Capitulated in the 2nd. Mentality at times is weaker than a house of cards

To play the Pep way we need a bigger squad of quality players, its too demanding to play week in, week out.
Look at KDB, hes played nearly every game and has been a shadow of the player we know over the last few months.
Sounds mad but we need to spend big again in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.