Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

At last Pep has stopped taking it on the chin.
It doesn’t work. Time to show we are not just going to rollover and be mugged ad infinitum.
Interestingly even the media seem to accept we were hard done by.
We would have definitely won that tie if the officials had done their job. End of.
I'm not convinced Pep has stopped taking it on the chin. I think it is personal between him and the ref and he was frustrated by this clown from last season's Monaco game - I hope none of this is remotely connected to Spanish / Catalan politics but Pep referred to him as being from Madrid in his press conference. I;m sure we have not heard the last of this and more will come out when Pep gets f*cked over by UEFA

we can see where pep and this young team is going and its still a working progress mendy been a big loss this season the balance of the team is clearly not right without him. also we need another striker and holding midfield player and another leftback. but we have to remember this is a very young team and still needs to learn about big games

winning the league will do this squad a world of good and add the league cup and you can see the base of a great team and winning silverware breeds success and getting the taste of blood you want more and more and believe in the manager project. so we have hit a brick wall and hand on heart it was coming and the big games have took its toll in this squad and we can see what needs to be worked on. but boy what a season and some great football being played and it can only get better and better with it being a very young squad

we can see where pep and this young team is going and its still a working progress mendy been a big loss this season the balance of the team is clearly not right without him. also we need another striker and holding midfield player and another leftback. but we have to remember this is a very young team and still needs to learn about big games

winning the league will do this squad a world of good and add the league cup and you can see the base of a great team and winning silverware breeds success and getting the taste of blood you want more and more and believe in the manager project. so we have hit a brick wall and hand on heart it was coming and the big games have took its toll in this squad and we can see what needs to be worked on. but boy what a season and some great football being played and it can only get better and better with it being a very young squad
Well said

He has played only 5 times and whilst we all want him back I would say we have done remarkably well this season.

I did not expect anything from the game as I said in pre-match thread, but oh boy didn't we came back to earth with a mighty thunder. The season cannot finish soon enough for us now. It feels like going to three Michelin star restaurant and finishing the meal with a smelly turd for dessert.

Don't think this seasons CL has been a disaster, we won our group and did it brilliantly. We looked like we belonged, and if we had a fair crack of the whip in both legs against Liverpool i think we may have progressed. Bit of experience gained for the youngsters and a few additions to the squad to aid rotation and i think we can go a couple steps further. They gave it their all last night, clearly they were flattened in second half but it wasn't for lack of trying.
Love City, love Pep, love our players.

This last 7 days has been the most frustratingly infuriating week I have ever known as a City fan given the team we have. Around 65% possession in each of these games, Almost 50 shots on goal & at least 8 game changing decisions going against us in the 3 games.

Year on year we are royally f*cked over by officials and governing bodies and yet once the title is in the bag we will have won 7 major trophies in 7 years whereas the Rags have won 4 and the bin dippers have won just 1 in that same time frame. Chin up blues. Even when we are getting cheated left right and centre we have still won more than the History boys combined and without the clear and present injustice we have suffered during that time which they quite clearly do not.

Let us get the title sewn up as soon as possible and then Pep should be making plans for addressing the issues we can control ready for next season.

One final thing, if any f*cker tries telling me 'warm weather training' is the thing to do when your are afforded nearly three weeks away from club football is a good idea can get to f*ck. Surely a full week away from football would be the thing to do both mentally and physically. Onwards and Upwards Blues!

I’ve read and re-read the relevant law and I’m not clear......if the ball is adjudged to have rebounded off Milner rather than him deliberately knocking it back towards goal, then Sané is offside. However I’m not clear on what relevance the punch by Karius has in the decision. Karius clearly punches it deliberately, does that make Sané onside?

No it can’t be offside as Karius plays the ball forward so no City player can be offside until a City player touches the ball. Milner in effect hits a bad back pass which Sane scores from.

Fucked over by officials over both ties, but our sloppy defending didn't help. Two hugely important Sane goals wiped off by poor refereeing is hard to take, but I take solace in the fact that Liverpool won't get anywhere near the trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.