Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I will admit I am a Liverpool fan, an imposter on your site. I have to admit I am totally underwhelmed by the lack of support you show for your team. You have bought the best manager in the world and given him a totally unlimited budget ( I know many of you have had to endure abuse from your despicable neighbours for many years, I have always rated the city supporters rather than the glory hunters next door) Personally what liverpool have done with almost no budget is far superior but I know you will keep buying players until you reach your dream. Please do me one huge favour, dont become your next door neighbours, they honestly believe their own hype and think they deserve everything because they are Manchester United, If and When you make it to the top, try and retain a little more class. The way Pep reorganised yor team tonight was a masterstroke and very nearly worked (it definitely had me worried) but just buying the best players in the world doesnt make the best team as we proved tonight. We have just thrashed the best team in the world over two legs (and yes your second goal should have been allowed, you were robbed, but it doesnt make any difference at the end of the day)
We haven’t yet teached the stage of signing the best in the world. Vinnie £7m) David (£24m), Sergio (£36m), Raheem (£49m), Kevin (54m), Leroy (£37m) etc were all young when we signed ‘em. Vinnie, David and Kevin have since become recognised as among the world’s best. Leroy is heading that way. City have yet to join the £70m, £80m, £90m investment on players club. That is still to come.

Well, time to lift our heads and move onto the Prem....still cant believe how many people blaming the ref for us getting beat and very few talking about the fact Ota gave them the most wonderful gift for one of their goals...that did more damage than any disallowed goal. That was one of the worse bits of defending I've seen from this team all season. Over 2 legs Liverpool were better and for all those saying "if" that 2nd goal had been allowed and "if" those offsides were not given, things would have been different......noone can guarantee that.....too many ifs and buts...defensive errors and lots of missed chances are as much to blame as any bad calls from the ref. We need to stop blaming everyone else and look at ourselves...We(team) need to wake up fast and face some of the issues we can control...stop the errors at the back and start hitting the target alot more often.

Not trying to disrespect anyones views/opinions but about time we took responsibility that we have just not been good enough over 90minutes to win any of the 3 biggest games of the season so far...

Come on City!!!!
Can’t argue with any of that really.

I will admit I am a Liverpool fan, an imposter on your site. I have to admit I am totally underwhelmed by the lack of support you show for your team. You have bought the best manager in the world and given him a totally unlimited budget ( I know many of you have had to endure abuse from your despicable neighbours for many years, I have always rated the city supporters rather than the glory hunters next door) Personally what liverpool have done with almost no budget is far superior but I know you will keep buying players until you reach your dream. Please do me one huge favour, dont become your next door neighbours, they honestly believe their own hype and think they deserve everything because they are Manchester United, If and When you make it to the top, try and retain a little more class. The way Pep reorganised yor team tonight was a masterstroke and very nearly worked (it definitely had me worried) but just buying the best players in the world doesnt make the best team as we proved tonight. We have just thrashed the best team in the world over two legs (and yes your second goal should have been allowed, you were robbed, but it doesnt make any difference at the end of the day)

Ha ha joker. You there last night thought not. Your fans were shite last night didn’t sing first half. Try WBA at home you were like a library. Entitlement united ha ha look at yourselves, you have zero class as shown by the coach incident. Never thought I would say it but they were right all along about you lot. No budget mmmm a lot of spending you have done on no budget.

He has played only 5 times and whilst we all want him back I would say we have done remarkably well this season.

the team lacks balance and only walker can hold the right wing and get up and down and we have been asking to much of sane on the left without mendy or a proper leftback. it can be great that's what am trying to say if we had the same on the left like we have on the right then its going to be even better. but we just don't have a leftback and using cover players just puts square pegs in round holes and its been the downfall of pep this season in europe and other cups

other teams are starting to use video of city games this season to use and hurt city we are very much one sided and down the left is the key with most of our attacking moves coming from that side. so they have blocked off that route and city and pep don't really have that leftback going past sane that takes the other defence unit over and moves the centre backs. teams are now doubling up on the left knowing sane is being asked to do it on his own and that is what balance is in the team

I hope this **** was banned

I think the stat of only 3 shots on target shows why Pep wanted Mbappe, Sanchez or Mahrez.

For all the possession we have we should be scoring much more than we do.

Yet over the season on the cold winter nights city of been performing while your team have been losing 1-0 to Swansea because they don't like the cold and can't perform over a full season, You beat us over two legs, but the referee helped you so much. Not against RM they wont

You won't win anything this year, city will and have. That will be the taste you are left with after this season, another trophyless season.

we can see where pep and this young team is going and its still a working progress mendy been a big loss this season the balance of the team is clearly not right without him. also we need another striker and holding midfield player and another leftback. but we have to remember this is a very young team and still needs to learn about big games

winning the league will do this squad a world of good and add the league cup and you can see the base of a great team and winning silverware breeds success and getting the taste of blood you want more and more and believe in the manager project. so we have hit a brick wall and hand on heart it was coming and the big games have took its toll in this squad and we can see what needs to be worked on. but boy what a season and some great football being played and it can only get better and better with it being a very young squad

Great post with a good perspective....

Guardiola has probably forgot more about football than i know but can someone tell me why the fuck 2 of our most experienced players in Vinny and Aguero didn't start?
I took one look at the line-ups before ko and went straight to bookies to back the mickeys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.