Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Well, time to lift our heads and move onto the Prem....still cant believe how many people blaming the ref for us getting beat and very few talking about the fact Ota gave them the most wonderful gift for one of their goals...that did more damage than any disallowed goal. That was one of the worse bits of defending I've seen from this team all season. Over 2 legs Liverpool were better and for all those saying "if" that 2nd goal had been allowed and "if" those offsides were not given, things would have been different......noone can guarantee that.....too many ifs and buts...defensive errors and lots of missed chances are as much to blame as any bad calls from the ref. We need to stop blaming everyone else and look at ourselves...We(team) need to wake up fast and face some of the issues we can control...stop the errors at the back and start hitting the target alot more often.

Not trying to disrespect anyones views/opinions but about time we took responsibility that we have just not been good enough over 90minutes to win any of the 3 biggest games of the season so far...

Come on City!!!!

if the officiated correctly to the laws of the game, i firmly believe your statement would be different
Yes the score may have been different we might even have beaten an average Liverpool side but you cannot deny that the defending at times was shambolic.

In the knowledge that Pep was one day going to join us I watched his 3 semi finals with Bayern and nothing I saw gave me confidence that he would bring home the CL for us.

Week in, week out we play attacking football of the highest quality that over 38 games will usually see us crowned champions.

But in the CL there will always be a Madrid or a Bayern waiting and unless we learn to defend properly we will be vulnerable to defeat.

It will get lost because of the two results but our first half performances against united and Liverpool deserved so much more, we absolutely destroyed them both in the first half but we either weren't clinical enough or were the victims of poor refereeing. I for one am proud of the way we went for it and on another day, both results could have been very different.

Amazing first half. Capitulated in the 2nd. Mentality at times is weaker than a house of cards
Agree about the first half - it was dizzyingly fast and I don’t think I’ve seen a game where the ball has been moved so quickly and consistently. Big shout out to the ball boys for their help.

I’m not so sure about the reason for the second half dip.

Maybe it was just that I was in the South Stand (in the first half we were attacking that end) but the formation seemed to change as soon as we came out for the second half.

In the first half Fern seemed to be clearly in midfield but in the second he was in a back 4.
This seemed to lose us control in the middle as Dave was getting tired and KdB was having to drop even deeper.

For me it didn’t look like a mentality issue but instead a formation switch compounded by exhaustion.

It will get lost because of the two results but our first half performances against united and Liverpool deserved so much more, we absolutely destroyed them both in the first half but we either weren't clinical enough or were the victims of poor refereeing. I for one am proud of the way we went for it and on another day, both results could have been very different.
100% agree. Thanks for posting this

If you have BT sport. Cancel it immediately! FA cup and UCL final free to air or go to the pub!
So that's the Rags and Scousers in each final then?
Who writes these scripts....

If Liverpool win it Chelsea are automatically in it next season..
There's a bet Liverpool rag final in each comp both win...

There are four things for me which determine the outcome of a game of football - your performance, your opponents performance, referees applying the Laws of the Game impartially, or not, and a fair share of the rub of the green and the bounce of the ball. The only thing that has shone through over the last three games is our performances!

Agree about the first half - it was dizzyingly fast and I don’t think I’ve seen a game where the ball has been moved so quickly and consistently. Big shout out to the ball boys for their help.

I’m not so sure about the reason for the second half dip.

Maybe it was just that I was in the South Stand (in the first half we were attacking that end) but the formation seemed to change as soon as we came out for the second half.

In the first half Fern seemed to be clearly in midfield but in the second he was in a back 4.
This seemed to lose us control in the middle as Dave was getting tired and KdB was having to drop even deeper.

For me it didn’t look like a mentality issue but instead a formation switch compounded by exhaustion.

I think that a long hard season where we have basically put 100% into every game has finally caught up with us this past week. I agree that we havent been helped by some of the worst ref performances I have witnessed in this last week.

We will only get stronger through this

Laporte reminded me of Vonk in the 2nd half, Sane hasn't done anywhere near enough against Liverpool and made their full back look world class. The choices he makes are very poor. Jesus can't lead a line on his own, showed last night we were missing a Dzeko type of player. Otamendi has saved his mistakes for the important matches and i cant remember the last save Ederson made !!

However its been one of the greatest seasons ever and the football has been incredible, the tempo of the 1st half was incredible. Bad mistakes by our players and officials have cost us the Liverpool tie and the Rags at weekend.
Onward and upwards and lets get the league finalised and we can all relax with a double (imagine that 10 years ago ????)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.