Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I don’t agree with a lot of this we didn’t test their keeper cr*p. We scored two perfectly fine goals by 45 mins and they were so far back in their shall they couldn’t find the front end. You can’t do more. That first half was more deserved than their first half lead which was started by an incorrect decision. The difference is momentum. I just want VAR.

I always point to this... can you imagine if athletics track events were decided by a clown on the line with a flag? They are determined by video replays / stills that are paramount to determining the correct decision.... not a romantic or debatable narrative for clowns like us in pubs to argue over.

And a photo finish is final... the worst bit about football is over 2 legs if you get numerous decisions wrong eventually it almost makes it impossible for the persecuted side to win and it’s inevitable.

After the week our boys have had I’m proud of the their performance tonight. That final 5 mins of the first half and the Pep sending off was the nail in the coffin. Pointless coming out the second half really.

You guys definitely didn't get the luck of the draw with referee decisions, 3 definite wrong decisions that went against you and it definitely could have changed the tie. However I do think it was probably a foul on Van Dijk so that first goal shouldn't have happened but doesn't really even things out.

This issue is your players don't help themselves by making so many silly decisions and errors when under pressure, 3 of our goals came from errors from your players. Hopefully it'll be an eye opener for Pep and realise it's something he needs to address. Otamendi is an excellent defender, but not an excellent footballer and he cost you big time. You guys will obviously win the league and you've won the League Cup so I'd say all in all it's a very good season. I love watching City and I'm sure I will carry on doing for the rest of the season as you play such excellent football and have an excellent squad. Wish you guys the best of luck for the rest of the season and sorry it was some poor officiating that made these games not be as close as they should have been.

I thought we gave serious effort for 55 minutes.. The away goal killed us which is understandable. Bringing Bernardo off was a bit mental I thought. I thought he was excellent and showed exactly what we bought him for...and I will admit the first 2 months I wasn't sure about him.
I agree. I think he's going to be a great player for City.

Pep on the ref.

an of tonight's referee...

He told BT Sport: "Congratulations to Liverpool first of all. We will be back stronger in this competition next season.

"In the right moment we miss the right decisions. The referee is a special guy, he likes to be different. Whenever people see the things, he will decide the opposite."

Fine margins , and if all the refereeing decisions go against you then you're stuffed.
Imagine if the Roma goal that made it 4-1 at Barca had been wrongly disallowed, then Roma are out.
We were on the wrong end of THREE goal decisions against the dippers.
The media will play it that tonight's result would have still been 2-2 but that's not the point, goals change games and if the first leg is 3-1 or even 2-1 (as it should have been) then at 2-0 to us tonight at half time(as it should have been) the result could have been entirely different.

Fine margins , and if all the refereeing decisions go against you then you're stuffed.
Imagine if the Roma goal that made it 4-1 at Barca had been wrongly disallowed, then Roma are out.
We were on the wrong end of THREE goal decisions against the dippers.
The media will play it that tonight's result would have still been 2-2 but that's not the point, goals change games and if the first leg is 3-1 or even 2-1 (as it should have been) then at 2-0 to us tonight at half time(as it should have been) the result could have been entirely different.
Bang on. Klopp was bricking it. If that second goal counted, we are UP for the second half and our manager is still on the bench.

What the fuck do City have to do to get a correct refereeing decision this season?
The ref did his job for UEFA. Shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.