Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

They were there for the taking. Although, they could probably say the same about us.

We really haven't looked like title winners thus far. The players need to be better but Pep's game management this season is worthy of criticism as well IMO. Multiple times this season this entire forum has realized the need for changes that come too late or not at all.

There's still a long way to go and we're right in the mix but Arsenal looking so much more solid defensively than us is what worries me.

How big of a tool is Darwin? Jesus Christ.
There were no game changers on the bench.

Not a fan of the 12:30 KO for games like this. Crowd was so flat but then the players didn’t give them much to cheer about. Big drop off from last season in the final 3rd without KDB, Gundo and Mahrez. Doku has huge potential but needs to work on his end product as he actually should have done more today with the amount of the ball he had in great positions.

Disappointing to get pegged back at the end but not a disaster either.

Not having any options of significance off the bench meant we looked leggy in that second half. Compared to them bringing on all 5.

Fuck all won in November and we are right there where we need to be at this stage of the season.

Hopefully we will have a couple more back for spurs next week.

I know what you mean, but in the immediate aftermath of outcomes like today, comments like that honestly don’t help.
what aftermath? we drew a game of football ...big deal....we cant and dont win them all and it was a decent game where we played pretty well (not at our full best but still reasonably well)...nothing contentious about the game at all, decent chances for both teams, two good goals....oh and still top of he league with evrything to play for and KDB still to return.....we are probably better off than we should be when you consider we have lost the bet midfielder in world football and also Stones who is being acknowledged as now one of the best DM's along with Rodri.

I presume as you have been on here a long time that you also remember watching us play the likes of Grimsby stood on a freeing cold Kippax and watching us struggle...hoping for an exciting FA cup draw where we could welcome a Division 1 team and by some weird fluke or just a one off great performance get some sort of result and go on a cup run....with it innevitably and usually ending up in disappointment!

If it had been a bad performance Id understand it but it wasnt...

I thought Alvarez was out weak link today. You can’t see how much work he’s doing off the ball from an armchair though. Why we thought long corners would work I don’t know. Surely a combination of doku/Bernie/Foden on short corners would be way more effective.
Agree about the short corners, which we are very good at when we’re on it. In general our decisions at set pieces haven’t been good this season.

Alvarez looked like he was knackered today, even in the first half, and no doubt he was feeling the amount of travelling he did this week.

As others have said, I would have liked to see Lewis come on in the second half for Alvarez and have an extra body in midfield, but the lack of depth is hurting us at the moment, particularly when players like Phillips and Gomez are just making up the numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.