Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I thought Alvarez was out weak link today. You can’t see how much work he’s doing off the ball from an armchair though. Why we thought long corners would work I don’t know. Surely a combination of doku/Bernie/Foden on short corners would be way more effective.
Alvarez is like a Jesus, really hard worker but lacks finesse tbf

Not a fan of the 12:30 KO for games like this. Crowd was so flat but then the players didn’t give them much to cheer about. Big drop off from last season in the final 3rd without KDB, Gundo and Mahrez. Doku has huge potential but needs to work on his end product as he actually should have done more today with the amount of the ball he had in great positions.
Not playing in Alvarez earlier on that 3 on 2 in the first half . . . Ugh. But broadly he terrorized them. He’s 19. He’s just getting started. And tough as nails too. Couldn’t believe he could walk after that foul.

Lack of prolifcancy is costing us massively

Had more than enough chances to put the game to bed

We look slow and physically weaker this season, guess to be expected in some capacity after winning the treble

We scored two legal goals they scored one, what more do you want from us?
How many more goals do we need to score than Liverpool to win, 3? 4? 5?

Turning marginal decisions into an imagined conspiracy is just embarrassing. I didn't agree with the decision, but I can see why it was made.

I'm sure there will be unified mass outrage in the media.
Then again....perhaps not.
we are quite meek as a club, pretty quiet today i know its 12.30 but a huge roar for the 'goal' would have meant a proper VAR check needed. A grumble as we look down at our feet...easy to 'move along, nothing to check here'...own worst enemy we are at times

I definitely agree about Foden. I think how you’ve described him couldn’t have put it better. I agree about Kovacic and Nunez too, no idea how Nunez will improve us. I like Alvarez though.
Sometimes, I wish Pep would make a sub, especially when we were under a bit of pressure and they were building a bit of momentum. Alvarez would have been knackered all the travelling so him off and Lewis on to help out could have made that difference.

I think we get disappointed in Foden because we all thought he would be world class, a real standout, plus he's one of us. He's a very good player with flashes of brilliance but he needs to be turning in 7+ out of 10 performances in more games. Instead he probably has four of those games in ten, the rest are average.

I fear Nunez is going to be another Phillips and Kovacic is a downgrade on Gundo. They have time to make me eat my words though.

I get why he didn't make subs today looking at our bench, I think we may have lost the game if he had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.